Dr. Risal Djohan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 27th, 2015
Current patient
Extremly professional, knowledgable caring and supportive bedside manner. Explained things in a easy to understand manner. Was open and accepring to my feeling and did not try to change my mind but ensured that he provided me with all my options and potential risks so that I could make an informed decision. The nurse that accompanied him was very caring and professional. Both ensured me that they were available should I have further questions or changed my mind on the decision that I had made.

February 20th, 2014
breast reconstruction
Dr d Johan and staff were awesome through my journey. I have had many compliments by other Dr's on his work. He is so personable, educated and I understood every step of the way. I would recommend Dr and staff 100%

April 25th, 2011
#1Plastic Surgeon
I had the best experience with Dr.Djohan onmore than1 occassion after being diagnosed with Breast cancer.He has done 4 surgeries so far. He is extremely meticulous. I would refer him for any surgery anyone needed. He was also the surgeon for the 1st face transplant...

January 18th, 2011
breast cancer
He did my wife's reconstruction after breast cancer and was absolutely fantastic in every way.

July 16th, 2009
simple procedures
although i have only had simple procedures performed by risal, he probably has the best best side manner and greatest knowledge of any doctor i have experienced. he never made me feel like i didn't understand and if he was unsure of himself, he always got a second opinion for me.

May 12th, 2009
He is very thorough and caring
I was in the hospital in December. He checked on me during the day, in conversation I knew he had a party he was looking forward to that evening. He checked on me right before he left for the evening. He was not thrilled with the way something was recovering. He told the nurse to check on it a little later and if it continued to call him he would be back to operate. He ended up back to operate. I am very sure it was nothing so serious it could not have waited until the morning. He is very thorough and caring!

May 6th, 2009
Face transplant - Gift of Life
Thanks to Dr. Risal Djohan for restoring life on planet earth. I knew a couple of people when I was in Vietnam who had half of their face blown off, they did not have this advanced facial treatment yet and they suffered so much, and eventually died, one by natural causes, one by his own hand. Yet you people make jokes about face transplants? What kind of ungrateful human being are you all? This should not happen to you or someone in your family. Do not tempt God, by making slight of the unfortunate. That's all.

February 11th, 2017