Dr. Rishi Sawhney MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Pleasanton, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
Excellent doctor and very compassionate, caring health care practitioner.
Dr. Rishi Sawhney provides outstanding medical care to his patients in a kind, considerate, and reassuring manner. He is truly always there for his patients in his office, in the emergency department, or by telephone. He is never too busy to provide the follow-up, care or assistance that his patients need.

May 4th, 2017
I would like thank Dr. Rishi Sawhney of Pleasanton,CA, for solving my problems of internal bruising all over my body, and external bleeding that would not stop. I went into ER 4 times in 1 month, transfusion twice a week, and no one had a solution to stop the bleeding. When Dr. Sawhney took over my problems, and this was after 3 doctors looked at my issues, he indicated to me that we had to think out-of-the box. I was already impressed with him. He solved all my issues in a timing matter. He didn’t make me do trial and error solutions. He knew what he wanted me to do. It took me a while, but it allowed me to move along to other issue, major heart surgery.

April 25th, 2017
The Lucky One!
Dr. Sawney and Amita traveled the path with me, every step of the way. Stage4 colon cancer that spread to my liver. The prospects for survival were 50/50. I prepared for the worst. Step by step, chemo, white blood cell shots Petscans, etc. Somehow, Dr. Sawhney and Amita,along with the entire staff helped me to where I am 18 months later- Stage 4 "CANCER FREE". Thank you to everyone! I am one of the lucky ones! Dr. Sawhney should be in the cancer Hall of Fame!

February 14th, 2017
Love Dr. Sawhney
I have been very satisfied with Dr. Sawhney. He is always concerned, a good listener and very attentive. Could not ask for a better doctor. I like his assistant also. Both are great health card providers.

January 13th, 2017
Compassionate Dr. and Assistant, Amita
His PA, Amita, has been providing excellent palliative support to my mother with unconditional support, focusing on improving the quality of her life (and to some degree mine as a care giver) through impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial, and spiritual. I would like to thank you Dr. Sawhney, the staff, especially AMITA SAGGI for your compassion, ability to recognize my mom with her medical issues, and providing excellent care.

December 14th, 2016
Thank You!
Dr. Sawhney is kind and talented. My results were better than I'd hoped, but dead on with what he expected from treatment plans. His office is filled with dedicated people who make a scary experience into something so much more positive. So many thanks for your dedication and fine work!

May 13th, 2016
Better than good
From the moment Dr. Sawney first visited with me in the hospital following surgery, his bedside manner was exactly what I needed. He explained in accurate detail, the nature of my condition and the planned treatment. The entire staff and treatment at the Oncology center was excellent. The doctor and staff are to be commended for their commitment to comprehensive, compassionate and personal care.

April 21st, 2016
I survived
His PA is excellent, I couldn't of made it without her. Stacey I thank you and the staff for your excellent care and unconditional support!!

March 17th, 2016
One of the BEST!
Dr. Rishi Sawhney was my mother's oncologist.She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non Small cell adenocarcinoma lung cancer in 2007. He was her favorite doctor. He was always emotionally gentle but fought for her with insurance approved testing, etc. He eased her anxiety at every appointment. He made her laugh. We laughed a lot in her appointments. He cared. He was great at explaining everything to us. Mom passed in 2009 and he called me on the day of her memorial, saying that he wished he could be there but that he was out of town. I appreciated the call so much. I honestly felt like my mom was in the best hands with Dr. Sawhney. Most importantly, she adored him and he made her smile during the hardest times.

March 1st, 2016
Gift of confidence
Dr. Sawhney and his team surrounding him instill such an air of confidence and love for what they are doing, which in turn, gives the patient belief they couldn't be in better hands. My own experience went from being so frightened to one of having the utmost confidence in Dr. Sawhney and his team, thus believing I was going to win this battle. I did beat the cancer and because of their "gift" to me, I am in the process of becoming a volunteer within Dr. Sawhney's Cancer Unit and my goal is to help the next person who has just received the diagnosis of cancer. Could not have been in better hands

April 24th, 2015
Dr. Sawhney - fantastic doctor
Being diagnosed with cancer is scary enough, but with Dr. Sawhney as your advocate and doctor, you feel like you're in good hands and always up-to-date with your treatment . He treats you like a person, and not just another number. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and educate you as well so that you won't be overwhelmed, rather it gives you some sense of control in the process. Wish more doctors were like Dr. Sawhney.

April 23rd, 2015
Outstanding Care!
Dr Sawhney and his staff are the most caring and professional medical team I have ever encountered bar none. Receiving a diagnosis of cancer is life changing, but my family and I hit the jackpot when we were referred to this practice. Every member of the staff have obviously been hand picked for their knowledge and compassion. During my treatment I felt like I was part of this big family. The care was highly personalized, and I was always astounded by the level of detail that the staff and Dr Sawhney remembered about my case and lab results from appointment to appointment. This level of attention to detail made me better able to fight the cancer battle - I felt like a person not just a patient. I want to give a particular thank you to Stacy Lassiter, the physicians assistant. Her smiling face and depth of knowledge kept me calm and positive, especially when things got tough. Let us not forget the amazing lab techs, nurses and front office. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.