Dr. Rishi Sawhney MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

August 14th, 2017
Thank you Dr. Rishi Sawhney!
I started my CLL journey 10 years ago.My first oncologist said that I would die soon , but we have to wait and watch, and do nothing . During my first chemo, I was so anemic that I did blood transfusions every 2 weeks. My second oncologist said, that he does not know what else to do, except to remove the spleen.I refused and he asked me if I wanted to switch to a new doctor - in a heartbeat I said yes.The new doctor was Dr. Rishi Sawhney.This decision saved my life. In a couple of weeks he was able to stop my anemia and I was able to finish the chemo.Together we went through a lot in this 10 years, chemos, surgeries , hospitalizations ,radiation...I can't thank him enough! I'm alive just because of him.He never said that I'm dying (although few times I was close to this).But also he never gave false hope. He always said that now there is a great choice of treatments and we will try to find the one that is more suitable for me.He is a wonderful person who really cares about his patients.I was always wondering why different doctors with the same treatments available have different outcomes. I guess because some care and some just doing a job.If unfortunately you need an oncologist, you fortunate enough to have him as your doctor! Thank you Dr. Rishi Sawhney from me and my family .

July 13th, 2017
He is a great & careing Doctor . Always wants the best care for his patients. I have been under his care for about 4 years . His staff always been great . Amita saggi has always been great . Dr. Sawhney & Amita always greet me with a smile & Dr. Sawhney is a great dresser.

June 13th, 2017
Awesome Doctor !!
I had a DVT and some serious blood clots and I was in the hospital for almost a week. Dr. Sawhney came in everyday to the hospital to check on me and made sure I was improving. His bedside manner is outstanding and during a tramatic health experience , he made me feel a lot better. I live 3 hours away from his office now and I still go up to his office to see him and get my check ups. I drive that far because I trust him , respect him and I'm given first class treatment when I walk in the door. I would highly recommend him to anybody in the bay area and in the surrounding areas.

May 23rd, 2017
Excellent doctor and very compassionate, caring health care practitioner.
Dr. Rishi Sawhney provides outstanding medical care to his patients in a kind, considerate, and reassuring manner. He is truly always there for his patients in his office, in the emergency department, or by telephone. He is never too busy to provide the follow-up, care or assistance that his patients need.

May 4th, 2017
I would like thank Dr. Rishi Sawhney of Pleasanton,CA, for solving my problems of internal bruising all over my body, and external bleeding that would not stop. I went into ER 4 times in 1 month, transfusion twice a week, and no one had a solution to stop the bleeding. When Dr. Sawhney took over my problems, and this was after 3 doctors looked at my issues, he indicated to me that we had to think out-of-the box. I was already impressed with him. He solved all my issues in a timing matter. He didn’t make me do trial and error solutions. He knew what he wanted me to do. It took me a while, but it allowed me to move along to other issue, major heart surgery.

April 25th, 2017
The Lucky One!
Dr. Sawney and Amita traveled the path with me, every step of the way. Stage4 colon cancer that spread to my liver. The prospects for survival were 50/50. I prepared for the worst. Step by step, chemo, white blood cell shots Petscans, etc. Somehow, Dr. Sawhney and Amita,along with the entire staff helped me to where I am 18 months later- Stage 4 "CANCER FREE". Thank you to everyone! I am one of the lucky ones! Dr. Sawhney should be in the cancer Hall of Fame!

February 14th, 2017
Love Dr. Sawhney
I have been very satisfied with Dr. Sawhney. He is always concerned, a good listener and very attentive. Could not ask for a better doctor. I like his assistant also. Both are great health card providers.

January 13th, 2017
Compassionate Dr. and Assistant, Amita
His PA, Amita, has been providing excellent palliative support to my mother with unconditional support, focusing on improving the quality of her life (and to some degree mine as a care giver) through impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial, and spiritual. I would like to thank you Dr. Sawhney, the staff, especially AMITA SAGGI for your compassion, ability to recognize my mom with her medical issues, and providing excellent care.

December 14th, 2016
Thank You!
Dr. Sawhney is kind and talented. My results were better than I'd hoped, but dead on with what he expected from treatment plans. His office is filled with dedicated people who make a scary experience into something so much more positive. So many thanks for your dedication and fine work!

May 13th, 2016
Better than good
From the moment Dr. Sawney first visited with me in the hospital following surgery, his bedside manner was exactly what I needed. He explained in accurate detail, the nature of my condition and the planned treatment. The entire staff and treatment at the Oncology center was excellent. The doctor and staff are to be commended for their commitment to comprehensive, compassionate and personal care.

April 22nd, 2016
I survived
His PA is excellent, I couldn't of made it without her. Stacey I thank you and the staff for your excellent care and unconditional support!!

March 18th, 2016
One of the BEST!
Dr. Rishi Sawhney was my mother's oncologist.She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non Small cell adenocarcinoma lung cancer in 2007. He was her favorite doctor. He was always emotionally gentle but fought for her with insurance approved testing, etc. He eased her anxiety at every appointment. He made her laugh. We laughed a lot in her appointments. He cared. He was great at explaining everything to us. Mom passed in 2009 and he called me on the day of her memorial, saying that he wished he could be there but that he was out of town. I appreciated the call so much. I honestly felt like my mom was in the best hands with Dr. Sawhney. Most importantly, she adored him and he made her smile during the hardest times.