Dr. Rishi Sawhney MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 13th, 2016
Better than good
From the moment Dr. Sawney first visited with me in the hospital following surgery, his bedside manner was exactly what I needed. He explained in accurate detail, the nature of my condition and the planned treatment. The entire staff and treatment at the Oncology center was excellent. The doctor and staff are to be commended for their commitment to comprehensive, compassionate and personal care.

April 21st, 2016
I survived
His PA is excellent, I couldn't of made it without her. Stacey I thank you and the staff for your excellent care and unconditional support!!

March 17th, 2016
One of the BEST!
Dr. Rishi Sawhney was my mother's oncologist.She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non Small cell adenocarcinoma lung cancer in 2007. He was her favorite doctor. He was always emotionally gentle but fought for her with insurance approved testing, etc. He eased her anxiety at every appointment. He made her laugh. We laughed a lot in her appointments. He cared. He was great at explaining everything to us. Mom passed in 2009 and he called me on the day of her memorial, saying that he wished he could be there but that he was out of town. I appreciated the call so much. I honestly felt like my mom was in the best hands with Dr. Sawhney. Most importantly, she adored him and he made her smile during the hardest times.

March 1st, 2016
Gift of confidence
Dr. Sawhney and his team surrounding him instill such an air of confidence and love for what they are doing, which in turn, gives the patient belief they couldn't be in better hands. My own experience went from being so frightened to one of having the utmost confidence in Dr. Sawhney and his team, thus believing I was going to win this battle. I did beat the cancer and because of their "gift" to me, I am in the process of becoming a volunteer within Dr. Sawhney's Cancer Unit and my goal is to help the next person who has just received the diagnosis of cancer. Could not have been in better hands

April 24th, 2015
Dr. Sawhney - fantastic doctor
Being diagnosed with cancer is scary enough, but with Dr. Sawhney as your advocate and doctor, you feel like you're in good hands and always up-to-date with your treatment . He treats you like a person, and not just another number. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and educate you as well so that you won't be overwhelmed, rather it gives you some sense of control in the process. Wish more doctors were like Dr. Sawhney.

April 23rd, 2015
Outstanding Care!
Dr Sawhney and his staff are the most caring and professional medical team I have ever encountered bar none. Receiving a diagnosis of cancer is life changing, but my family and I hit the jackpot when we were referred to this practice. Every member of the staff have obviously been hand picked for their knowledge and compassion. During my treatment I felt like I was part of this big family. The care was highly personalized, and I was always astounded by the level of detail that the staff and Dr Sawhney remembered about my case and lab results from appointment to appointment. This level of attention to detail made me better able to fight the cancer battle - I felt like a person not just a patient. I want to give a particular thank you to Stacy Lassiter, the physicians assistant. Her smiling face and depth of knowledge kept me calm and positive, especially when things got tough. Let us not forget the amazing lab techs, nurses and front office. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

January 21st, 2015
Great Expierence
Dr. Sawhney and his assistant, Stacy Lasater have been very involved in my cancer treatment. They have both taken the time to answer my questions and have empathy when needed. Dr. Sawhney, Stacy, Diane, and the staff have been my safe haven when I was at my worst. To see Dr. Sawhney come into the exam room beaming with good news is the best medicine ever. I can't thank him and his staff enough.

September 3rd, 2014
Amazing Oncology Dr. and Staff
I have been a patient of Dr. Rishi Sawhney and his PA Stacy Lasater for over 4 years now. Dr Sawhney is the most thorough and engaging doctor I have ever had. He always takes the time to explain the different procedures that he does and always makes time to go over the result. He and Stacy, along with the staff, have always made me feel that I am important to them and they show that in the care that they give me. I feel confident that he is the best oncology doctor anywhere. I have recommened Dr Sawhney and his staff to people who are not even in his area. I tell them if you want the best to help fight your cancer you need to go to Valley Medical Oncology Consultants. Thank you Dr Sawhney.!

September 2nd, 2014
Best oncologist in the Bay Area-period!!
My breast cancer journey began with a sudden and unexpected diagnosis. My immediate reaction was to seek out the best and brightest doctors. Even though my surgeon from the start had recommended that I see Dr. Sawhney, I decided to seek other opinions. I went to both UCSF & Stanford. After that I saw another female cancer doctor near my home also. I got treatment advice and had my questions answered at these visits, but felt that there was something missing. It was when I met Dr. Sawhney that I realized what that missing link was- it was caring!! He was not just interested in my diagnosis, but was equally focused on me as a person. He wanted to know what was important to me, what I feared and what motivated me. He even involved my family in decision making and made us all feel special. He truly cared about me as a person. He is a great listener, very attentive, detail oriented and confident. He is always up to date on the latest cancer treatments, has excellent bedside manners and is very professional. He has a knack for explaining complex medical concepts in simple to understand language. His staff at the Pleasanton cancer center is very caring and follow his example. His Physician assistant Stacy is great and a joy to see during my follow up visits. She and his staff routinely go above and beyond for their patients. Since the past year that I have been his patient, I realize how busy he is and that he has many patients. But the simple fact is that when I have a visit with him, he makes me feel like I am his only patient in this world! This is his true genius!! Ever grateful!

September 2nd, 2014
Fantastic Doctor and Staff
Dr Sawhney was a fantastic doctor. With his help and the help of his staff I was able to beat cancer. Dr Sawney did a great job explaining my condition and was very encouraging that I would beat this from day one. Also, I cannot say enough about his staff. Since you end up interacting more with the staff than the doctor, it is important for the staff to be top notch. Amita was the physician assistant and she was incredible. Her knowledge, concern and support helped get through this. The nursing staff was great, especially Diane. Diane made my treatment seem like a walk in the park and I really appreciated how they treated me. This is a great doctor with a great staff.

June 24th, 2014
Caring Doctor
Dr. Sawhney is a very professional and knowledgeable physician who gave me wonderful care when I had cancer. I was able to get an appointment quickly after my diagnosis, and Dr. Sawhney took time to explain how we were going to treat the disease and what to expect. I appreciated his attention to detail when evaluating my diagnostic tests, and that Dr. Sawhney would call on the radiologists for further explanation when needed.

May 28th, 2013
Dr Sawhney treatment of throat cancer
Excellent, personalized treatment. Dr Sawhney was very accessible for any questions and concerns. Once I was diagnosed, I spoke with several patients and quickly realized that all doctors and clinics are not alike. There are horror stories out there. I will recommend Dr Sawhney and the VMOC team to anyone needing cancer treatment.