Dr. Rita Hadley MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 14th, 2015
Absolutely the Best!!!
The Standard I set for all Dr... No one compares.

August 13th, 2014
Good demeanor - bad nutritional advice
I had my DS with Dr. Rita back in 2005 ,and she was stern about what I was required to do, accepting no excuses. That tough love is vital with the DS, so I appreciated that. On the other hand, she is very kind and supportive, cheering me on the whole way. My only real complaint was that her staff would not accept the information I gave them about the nutritional needs of a DS patient. I stopped going for follow up when one of them published inaccurate nutritional recommendations in a book she had written. I saw that as a determination to keep dispensing bad advice. In all fairness, though, there are VERY FEW surgeon's staff or nutritionists that give sound nutritional advice to DS patients. We figure it out ourselves and share with others.

October 2nd, 2011
Great Doctor, Very Caring
I have been a patient of Dr. Anderson for over 4 years. I have NEVER been put off, or made to wait for a treatment. Dr. Rita is a real superstar and has a great reputation in her field. I have read the other ratings on this site, and could not disagree more with the comments. She is extremely caring and concerned about her patients. I would recommend her for any kind of surgery. I would trust her with my life (and have).

August 19th, 2011
Dr. Anderson, who is now returned to her maiden name, Hadley, operated on me in 2007 and I found her to be caring. I just saw her recently (this week) and her demeanor has COMPLETELY changed. I found her to be rude, condescending, and franking a b*tch - which is somewhat difficult for me to say. I am now seeking another surgeon as this latest encounter has caused me to question my confidence in her.

September 30th, 2010
Dr. Anderson is not a personable person. She does not spend time with you nor does she seem to care. I often wonder why she is practicing....

July 4th, 2010
Find a REAL Surgeon
My adult son (age 27) was referred to Dr. Anderson for surgery for a duodenal ucler with pancreatic involvement. During the surgical process (Whipple procedure), Dr. Anderson unknowingly severed my son's bile duct. Instead of improving following surgery, he developed jaundice and other complications, and had to be sent by ambulance from Kettering Medical Center to Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, where a team of REAL surgeons, led by Dr. Keith Lillemoe, managed to save my son's life. Praise God! Had my son remained under Dr. Anderson's care, he would have died. Dr. Lillemoe said there was no reason why my son's bile duct should have been injured during this procedure. I wouldn't let Rita Anderson carve my Thanksgiving turkey, let alone perform surgery on anyone I didn't want to die!

August 13th, 2009
Shannon Grimaila
I saw Dr. Rita for 7 months for an abdominal wall abscess during which she treated my abscess by putting in 4 JP drainage tubes. She told me I was a bad candidate to have surgery. After 4 months of incredible pain, nausea, and developing MRSA in my abcess I went to another surgeon and an infectious disease doctor who performed surgery on me within a month. I am now 2 weeks out from surgery and for the first time, I am finally free of the debilitaitong pain and nausea that I had for four months under Dr. Anderson's care. I wonder now why she let me suffer for so long without doing any thing for me?

May 9th, 2017