Dr. Rita Dubey MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Wesley Chapel, FL

3.2

March 10th, 2017
Pediatrician with a twist!
This pediatrician looks at a new born baby as a stack of money waiting to be had rather than a human being with a worried mom! This is my story: I recently moved-in to wesley chapel area with my husband and a 2-years old child. Being pregnant with my 2nd baby I was seeking a local women's clinic to follow-up with my pregnancy and a pediatrician in case I needed for my little child. After consulting with a neighbor and reading some positive reviews I decided on this pediatrician to be the one I go to whenever need arises. After delivery of my 2nd child, the hospital asked me about the name of my pediatrician to follow-up with her after leaving the hospital, which I did. Unfortunately, 3 weeks later my new born baby was sick. I naturally took the baby to this pediatrician for checkup. I did provide the doctor with all medical insurance information as one would expect, but never occurred to me that my health insurance policy will be the reason my baby remained sick for several months to come. A one visit to the clinic should have been enough to get the baby well if the proper antibiotic was given. As it turned out, and because I had a top-notch insurance policy provided by my employer that covers everything with no deductible or copay, this pediatrician decided to mis-use the insurance and make more money than she should by prescribing lower doses of antibiotic for shorter periods of time which will guarantee recurrence of the problem over and over again with more complications as time went by. I was worried sick for her as I kept taking her to the clinic every week or two. But then a friend advised me to go and seek a second opinion from another pediatrician. When I did I was stunned! The second pediatrician made a thorough examination and lab analyses and told me that I was given sometimes the wrong medicine and sometimes the wrong dosage which made the problem worse and the sickness persist. He gave me a new medicine and told me to follow up with him after one week. That was the end of several-month ordeal that I had to go through because of the greed of this physician who has no regards what so ever for the oath she pledged to serve with honor. If I could give her a zero or minus 5 I would have done so. I never went back to her or to that clinic where she works. She is not to be trusted at all. She betrayed my trust and pocketed a lot of insurance money as a result. Bad judgement.

June 30th, 2016
Long wait when there is no one in the waiting room. She also tried to give my son an antibiotic with Penicillian when he is allergic and it is on his chart.. They are more interested in the insurance than the patient.

February 16th, 2010
Extremely Poor Bedside manor
Communication is poor if at all. While my husband or I are trying to explain our childrens' symptoms she will walk out without a word. When she is done she's done; I've timed her the past few appointments she walks out at 10 minutes. I'd be willing to wait for increased quality of care. The staff however will bend over backwards for you.

September 23rd, 2009
I love Dr Dubey, she is very kind and loving Dr and takes lots of time explaining things to us. The nursing is wonderful too.