Dr. Rita Eckenrode MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2015
Great OB/GYN
Even tho I wait a long time.. It is worth the wait. She is very kind and pleasant person to be around. She makes it very easy to tell her about any issues you may be having. I do believe she gets overbooked but its def because she a great lady! If your patient she is the Dr for you! If your busy and can't wait you may want to go elsewhere.

December 12th, 2014
Disrespects a People's Time
I would not recommend Dr. Eckenrode because she is consistently late. Not a few minutes, but 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. It doesn't matter the time of day. She's never on time. Her staff is caring and patient, but Dr. Even rode needs to slow down or get more help. I've suggested numerous times for my partner to change Doctors, but we're stuck with this horribly non punctual woman until the baby is delivered.

November 1st, 2013
Terrible Experience
I would not recommend Dr. Eckenrode at all. I had hyperemesis gravidarum and preeclampsia, she did not diagnose the hyperemesis at all, and I was left the entire nine months vomiting multiple times a day with no relief. I was the one who diagnosed the pre-eclampsia myself, and she did not take me seriously until my blood pressure was 160/110 and I was in the hospital with an emergency induction. My labor was 3 days long, and I saw her twice in those 3 days. The wait time for appointments is ridiculous, I waited from 45-minutes to an hour every appt, for her to simply take my blood pressure and listen to the baby's heartbeat. Please reconsider unless you are looking for a minimally involved OB.

November 21st, 2011
Very caring and willing to work with your wants/needs
I just had my first child delivered by Dr. Eckenrode. I was very pleased with her as well as all of her office staff. Everyone was very kind and made you feel welcome. Dr. Eckenrode also took time to answer my questions and work with my wishes for delivery. I and my husband felt like family there and would recommend her to others.

November 15th, 2010
Flaky
Listens well, but then forgets what you ask of her/tell her. Consistently late, occasionally over an hour. And she made me wait two hours to be admitted for delivery because she was at the U of M football game and so didn't answer her phone or pager.

January 20th, 2010
More than just professional
I'm a first time mom-to-be, with twins no less! To start off, I love Dr. Eckenrode's staff. They were very pleasant and helpful, taking care of not only my concerns but all the arrangements my other doctor strongly recommended. Then Dr. Eckenrode herself was so very patient with me, answering my whole long list of questions and forgiving my forgetfulness. Even though it's a one doctor practice, I Definitely recommend!

May 13th, 2016