Dr. Rita Mathur Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rita Mathur?

January 16th, 2017

No bedside manner

She will avoid your primary complaints. Very sarcastic and doesn't care. Will yell at you as if you are one of her children. If you DONT want to have your medical issue resolved then she is the perfect doc for you. She needs to re-read the oath she took. No notification for test results especially when issues are found. This can cause prolonged harm to you. If you are in great health she may be good for you. If you have health issues find some one who cares.

February 25th, 2016

Refused To See Patient For Surgery Follow-up

My mother became a new patient of Dr Mathur's last month. We liked her at first although the physical exam was almost non-existant. Shortly after that visit my mother had another stroke followed by surgery on her carotid artery. The hospital discharge orders were very specific: 1. Make follow-up appt with Dr Mathur w/in 3-7 days and 2. Make f/up appt with surgeon in 7-14 days. The surgeon booked us an appt at the 14-day mark. Dr Mathur's office never booked one at all despite my begging them for 3 days to see her. My mother had a series of post-surgical problems in the days that followed and Dr Mathur's office refused 4 times to see her. Initially the reason was that she should go to the ER - fair enough. Then the reason was that she had to see the surgeon for post-surgical problems. I called the surgeon's office (again) and, despite new symptoms, his office wouldn't see her until the originally scheduled 14-day f/up and referred me back to the PCP (Dr Mathur) for f/up. When further complications arose and Dr Mathur's office still wouldn't see her, I got the hint and found another PCP. What good is a PCP who won't see a patient for follow-up after surgery? I'm not exactly thrilled by the surgeon's disinterest, but at least his office booked a f/up appt at 14 days. Dr Mathur's office never booked one at all. Ultimately, our experience was a total let down and underwhelming in the extreme.

June 30th, 2015

I find Dr. Mathur to be the best internist I have ever visited. She is very thorough, accurate and easy to talk to.

August 23rd, 2012

Very good doctor

Dr. Mathur is very nice and a wonderful doctor. She is thorough and really have a great rapport with me. I lost my primary doctor a few years back and was looking for a new doctor and found Dr. Mathur. I think she is a great example of what a primary should be. I highly recommend her.

October 14th, 2010

bad dr.

she is very mean with her patients, she is always yelling. a very uncaring dr.

May 5th, 2017