Dr. Rita Pradhan MD, FACE Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2016
Do not go here under no circumstances! Not at all competent in thyroid conditions. Not sure where she got her credentials and her work is sloppy. This MD doesn't follow standard evidence-based practices for thyroid patients and she is not knowledgeable re: thyroid disorders and evidenced-based practices. Dr. Pradhan cannot answer basic, standard questions regarding thyroid conditions and recommends a thyroidectomy to all patients before even assessing them at all. MALPRACTICE and Incompetent.

July 5th, 2016
Nice doctor; treats me well.

May 12th, 2016
patient
MY visit with Dr. Pradahn in May 2016 was not a pleasant experience. This was my first time seeing her and I will not be going back. She entered the exam room very quickly, introduced herself and started asking rapid fire questions. Before I could completely answer one question, she was interrupting me with the next question. As I was telling her about my treatment with other doctors, she made odd comments like...."well, that doesn't make any sense" or "why did they do that?" I was not in a position to debate with her over my other physicians choices in treatment. I was simply relating to her my experiences up until that point. She was very impatient and rude. Rarely allowing me to finish a sentence. As if her spending time with me was an inconvenience. She seemed very much in a hurry to end the visit and even stood with her hand on the door knob in the middle of my visit. There was absolutely nothing friendly or welcoming about her and I would not allow her to treat me again under any circumstances. I hope she reads this and takes it as constructive criticism. She needs to drastically soften her approach and not give the impression that the patient is am imposition on her time.

March 23rd, 2016
Will not be ever seeing her again !!!!

October 21st, 2015
She is not a good dr. She can not diagnos any major problems

July 23rd, 2015
Dr. Pradhan is very rude. I take my older aunt to see her. She us very rude and is always in a hurry. She doesn't want to explain anything to patients and when you ask questions she is very rude in her response. When you see her you are given the impression that you are a burden and that she wants you in and out.

July 15th, 2015
there's a lot of room for improvement
I don't have confidence in this doctor. She seems very focused on getting onto the next patient as though we are factory cogs. She was not focused on addressing my health concerns. She was not invested in my health and well being evidenced by her quick and dismissive knee jerk responses to my concerns. I'd been complaining of typical symptoms related to a known condition I have. When discussing this with her, she said that my bloodwork looked great and she didn't know what she can do for me. She made no attempt to investigate further. As she moved to the door to make her rapid exit, I asked if she had done bloodwork to look at a secondary cause which I have a history with. She said no. So I requested she order labs for that. I asked her! Also, another doctor order a procedure because it didn't occur to her to order this routine procedure to follow up on my condition, which to me means someone else is doing half of her job. This is troubling. Further, without knowing me, she made assertions and assumptions about the reasons for my symptoms without once asking about my lifestyle and habits. She didn't even look at my chart to reacquaint herself with my history. When I attempted to assert myself in order to get my questions answered, she became argumentative. How can a doctor be effective without learning about their patients, asking questions, listening to their answers, and reviewing their chart notes? The answer: the doctor cannot. My take is that she is rushed, dismissive, a bit condescending, somewhat argumentative, and a poor diagnostician. This review is not meant to be mean-spirited. My hope is that she will read these patient reviews and allow them to be the impetus for growth and improvement.

April 16th, 2015
First words out of her mouth were well I don't know why you are here your labs look good. I guess we could do other tests just so web can send you off and close this

October 18th, 2014
Relatively easy to get an appointment. Office is run like a machine to get you in and out, goal seems to be about 15 minutes. Staff is friendly but does not take or return phone calls. I've had prescriptions delayed for weeks, and an MRI delayed for more than a month because the staff will not return calls. The Dr. seems to be knowledgeable about medicine but after more than a year of treatment I'm not sure she knows my name. Bedside manner is abrupt at best. Follow-up is non-existent.

July 2nd, 2014
not happy...
I think she might be a good doctor, but how would I know when I can't get past the front office staff! She put me on medication - which I was allergic to - and now needed a new medication. I've made 4 phone calls (was put on hold for 15 minutes yesterday) and only received a phone call back (from a secretary) when I called today to let them know I had to find another doctor!!! Two weeks...still no medications!!!!!!!! Not good when you're diabetic and your numbers are bad (which I told everyone I spoke with!!).

February 18th, 2012
My endocrine for 5 years now....
Dr Pradhan for me is a caring doctor. She will explain to me my case, the lab results, procedure result. She takes time answering any questions i have. I would recommend her as a good endocrinologist.

June 19th, 2011
She was supposed to call me after getting authorization from my inurance. However she forgot and when I called her office, her secretary said she would get the authorization from my carrier and would call me and if I didn't hear from her within 5 business days that I should call her back. No calls and after 5 business days I called back and left numerous messages to call me, but no return calls.