A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rita Shaughnessy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaughnessy
ADHD in Adults Patient Education Read our adult ADHD patient education guide and learn all about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.Before Visiting Dr. Shaughnessy Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rita Shaughnessy, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaughnessy graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Shaughnessy has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hahnemann University Hospital
- Norristown State Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rita Ann Shaughnessy MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Rita A. Shaughnessy practice?
- Dr. Rita Shaughnessy has 3 office locations.
Dr. Rita Shaughnessy practices Psychiatry near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Psychiatrists.