Dermatologist

345 E 37th St
Rm 209
New York, NY 10016
212-263-7222
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Jun 11th, 2013

Dr. Saini , is the best Dermatologist I very went to, she listen to my problems, she never force any products on me, she was kind and gentle. their were no long wait time, i was in and out in no time. i feel great and because of Dr. Saini i have a much greater out look for my skin.

Jun 9th, 2013

Rudest staff. Better derms out there.

|  Horrible Office Staff  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2012

Horrible office staff

|  She never showed up for the appointment. Weird.  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

Staff's very unfriendly especially the woman with the long dark hair.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry you feel this way. There was no circumstance in which Dr. Saini failed to show up for an appointment. Arrangements are always made prior in order to pick up documentation that the patient request to be filled out by the doctor as this does not constitute an appointment.

|  Used to be a Patient  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Front office staff rude, especially the younger girl with dark hair. Used to be nicer but now that they've been at this location for a while appears the niceness went out the window. be sure to question all charges they quote to you as they're really unorganized. Time to move onto another derm.

|  New staff since Iris left has gone downhill  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

One of the best things about this office was her original staff, when Iris was there. The new lady is rude and unfriendly (elderly one who answers the phone).Dr. Saini is sweet.

Aug 2nd, 2011

I went to Dr. Saini for mohs surgery of a basal cell cancer on my cheek. I was very concerned and anxious about the procedure. The whole experience was surprisingly pleasant and she did a great job - it has healed very well and is barely noticeable!

|  Cannot trust her at all  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

I read the recommendation on this site to decide on visiting her, however i am extremely disappointed with her, she spent some 10 minutes with me with no clear diagnosis of the main issues,asked me to wipe my face in reference to acne and the next thing i know is i have been charged 100s of dollars for some acne surgerey?how wierd is that, i never went there for acne surgery procedure!!so at the end of it my main issues remain unresolved and i get charged for a unasked for blackhead removal i could have got done in a salon!!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that your experience was negative and this sort of issue is the first we ever had of its kind. However, you did bring your acne to the doctor's attention. Furthermore, it was not you that was charged, it was your insurance. The policies and procedures of the practice as well as your insurance company with whom you are contracted explicity state that you may be billed if your deductible is not met. But what is most unsettling about your claim is that the office had not even billed you, you simply received an explanation of benefits from your insurance company stating what you owed. It is typically office procedure to bill the patients only the fees that we typically collect from the insurance company. After our biller clearly explained this to you, and cut the bill in half you still felt the need to slander the doctor. Our office handled the matter professionally and maturely, it's a shame that you couldn't do the same.

|  First Time Visit  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

I found Dr. Saini's name in the list of doctors that accept my insurance. I was really glad I pick Dr. Saini from all the other Doctors out there. She took the time to answer all my questions and put my mind at ease. I will definitely be returning again and again.

|  Professional and Pleasant  |  show details
by Elena P. on Oct 10th, 2010

I went to Dr. Saini for a general body scan, as a friend has been using her for several years, and spoke highly of her. She and her nurse, Iris, gave me a thorough scan, asked questions regarding tanning and sun exposure, and were generally very pleasant and accomodating. Dr. Saini also answered any questions I had regarding the cost of some cosmetic procedures - ie: fillers under the eyes, or for facial lines. Iris suggested that I come each year for a body scan, just to keep an eye on moles, which I consider very important. I will continue to use Dr. Saini, because she's studied with the best - Dr. Robins - and his influence is well-reflected in her expertise. A fine doctor that I would highly recommend.

Aug 23rd, 2010

Thank you Dr. Saini for taking the time to help with with my cosmetic issues. Everyone noticed the subtle changes that botox brought, but it was not over the top.

May 17th, 2010

Dr. Saini was very thorough- I have had really sensitive skin and acne for a long time and after putting me on a regimen and reviewing the products I used, my skin began to clear up within a few weeks!

|  Waste of $350  |  show details
May 15th, 2010

I think she charged me $350 for less than 1 min consultation. She just comes and ask you what issue you have.. not that she tries to analyze your skin and help you improve it.. She is nice to talk to.. but the kind of answers she gives is so mundane and ordinary... u would know that before... I think it wwas a sheer waste of money

May 3rd, 2010

Prompt, efficient, thorough, caring.

|  Finally a doctor who does not treat patients like cattle  |  show details
by Pleasantly Suprised on Apr 10th, 2010

I recently went to see Dr. Saini for her to perform Mohs surgery. I was very nervous about this surgery because it was on my face and I was worried about scarring and I had wanted a world class surgeon. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. Most dermatology practices in the area have become factories where the doctor is in and out in 5 minutes and spends no time with the patients. However with Dr. Sainis practice I was greeted when I walked in by the courteous staff and put at ease. When the doctor was with me I did not feel pressured to ask my questions as fast as I could so she could see the next patient. My apprehension about the scar was unfounded; it healed beautifully with barely any mark to remind me of the cancer that was once on my face. My wife, whom accompanied me, was curious about having some Botox injected. All her questions were answered by the doctor who went over the many cosmetic procedure performed in the office, and we will be returning next week for the injection. What came next was one of the surprises of my life; Dr. Saini called me at night to see how I was doing. A doctor calling a patient, this is almost unheard of in todays practices. Dr Saini even gave me her cell phone number so I could contact her directly if I had any questions. Imagine that, actually being able to call a doctor and not their staff for questions. She really put me at ease. Whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Saini for both her Mohs and cosmetic expertise.