Dr. Rob Parrish MD Patient Reviews

February 24th, 2017
Outstanding Doctor and Surgeon
I want to just touch base on a previous review. Dr. Parrish is a very caring and straightforward doctor and surgeon (I state both because I want to explain what he did for me.) Initially I had gone to Dr. Parrish for a herniated disc and severe stenosis, L4-L5. I had been seeing a Pain Management doctor and wanted to get a 2nd opinion, and Dr. Parrish was highly recommended. The first thing he did was re-order another MRI because the previous one was 10 months old. The MRI showed the herniation and stenosis, but also showed another abnormality, one that ended up being a severe infection, and subsequently cancer. Immediately upon receiving the full MRI report Dr. Parrish ordered a thorough Pre-Op work-up, and when my blood test results came back showing my White Blood Cells over 50k, I was immediately hospitalized at Methodist for possible leukemia and/or lymphoma. This transpired over the weekend (I was hospitalized on Saturday night) and initially I was told by the Oncologist at Methodist that I did not have cancer. Upon visiting me first thing Monday morning, Dr. Parrish did not accept the initial diagnosis, they said I had C-Diff. That afternoon Dr. Parrish ordered another MRI w/ contrast and was in my room at 5am Tuesday morning and said that he was going to perform my surgery that day, which ended up not being until after 9pm. His persistence and quick action led me to being properly diagnosed with CML. Unfortunately due to my CML and the infection I had, my back never properly healed and he had to perform the same surgery approximately 6 weeks later, at no fault to him. He always took the time to answer questions from both my wife and I. He also is a straight-shooter, which I like, because he came right out and said "you need to lose weight and stop the tobacco now." I was not the easiest patient, but if it wasn't for Dr. Parrish, I don't know where I would be today. That is why I wanted to emphasis both, doctor (for not buying into the other doctor's diagnosis) and surgeon (both surgeries went smoothly and no complications.) He does care about his patients, but a lot people don't like hearing the truth. Outstanding doctor and I would recommend him to anybody!

January 26th, 2016
Very good listener. Does a thorough exam. . Efficient office staff. Superior surgeon. Most confident physician I ever met.

November 6th, 2015
nice until something goes wrong
he was nice through the procedure, but when there were several complications afterwards he became impatient and disinterested. He doesn't have time for you if you're not a textbook case. He also says he'll do something, then back out of it. He can't be trusted. I think it's time for retirement.

November 6th, 2015
BEST surgeon!! Reason I'm okay today!!

February 13th, 2015
Dr. Rob Parrish is a great doctor. He answers questions/concerns you may have and spends enough time with you for QA. Based on the reviews, they are true. I trusted his expertise and had a great success from surgery. Surgery was quick and was able to leave hospital within several hours after recovery room.

July 16th, 2013
chiari 1 malformation
After an MRI diagnosis with chiari 1 malformation, my internist recommended me to Dr. Parrish. The learning curve was steep as I had never heard of this (recommend the book Conquering Chiari). Dr. Parrish was incredibly patient and tolerated all of my questions well - including explaining terms I did not understand and "what alternatives are there to surgery?" He did not rush me. Everything went exactly as he said it would. I am now 3 months post-decompression surgery and can pretty much do anything/everything that I want to do. Not all surgeons do the same surgery - including in the practice at Methodist - so do your homework. Don't just take the first appt. available with whatever neurosurgeon. Parrish does not open the arachnoid membrane nor does he remove the cerebellar tonsils (I'm not sure I spelled those words correctly)- and I get the impression that this makes a huge difference in recovery - so ask your surgeon before you go under the knife! I would definitely recommend him to anyone for this surgery. His office staff was also very helpful and responsive to my phone calls/questions.

November 13th, 2012
office
Dr. Parrish very good doctor highly rocommend him for back fusion. But far as his office personnel I would not recommend them.Very rude will not call you back not concern with your needs.

August 29th, 2012
successful craniotomy
Dr Parrish successfully removed a 5cm cyst and benign meningioma from my Mom's brain. She is recovering nicely with no ill effects. He's always extremely busy, but once he's in the room he took the time to explain the procedure and answer all the questions we had. I'm glad my Mom was in such good hands.

June 4th, 2011
Shannon Marquardt
Dr Parrish is absolutely the best neurosurgeon in Houston. I've undergone 2 surgeries....an initial ACD..then he had to subsequently remove a couple of screws. He knows exactly what he's doing and works with a great organization (Methodist). His entire staff is great and I would recommend him to anyone.

March 10th, 2010
Albert Torrans
Dr. Parrish performed C3-C7 surgery on me. He performed a great surgery with little to no pain. Before I was in a lot of pain after none. I can use msy neck as good today as it was before my accident. After four years I had another accident and it loosened the screws and hardware in my neck he went back in and removed the screws and hardware. I have never had a problem since. I did have a severe pain in my upper back and I went back to Dr. Rob Parrish I though I was having a back problem. He did several test and found out that I had cloged autrities he diagnosed the problem and got me with the greatest heart surgan Dr. Espada I had both arteries repaired cleaned and scraped. Thanks to Dr. Rob Parrish I am still alive and healthy. He is a great surgen and a wonderful person. Thank you Dr. Parrish.

October 14th, 2009
The only doctor to go to for Trigeminal neuralgia.

August 6th, 2009
Very pleased w/Dr. Parrish
I had a cervical fusion by Dr. Parrish one year ago and I've been very pleased w/his knowledge, treatment and professionalism. Spinal problems are very complicated and my past experiences w/various doctors have shown me that persistence and patience are critical when dealing w/the spine. I will use Dr. Parrish again.