Surgeons
50 Bellefontaine St
Ste 403
Pasadena, CA 91105
626-683-9000
Locations and availability (6)

|  Really?  |  show details
by Suzy R on Jul 8th, 2014

My brother is being transferred to Dr. Cohen for surgery. After reading of his reviews on this website, I feel bad for Mrs. Cohen who took offense with his communication skills between he and her family. I have not met Dr Cohen yet bit I've doubt he will be in good hands under his care. I am sure he was doing what is required of a specialist of his caliber by taking her family member aside and speaking to him privately. That's called professionalism. Trust me I'd take that over a marvelous personality any time!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by John on May 7th, 2014

He is amazing !

|  Heart valve replacement  |  show details
by Robin C on Jul 30th, 2013

Dr. Cohen is very good at what he does and I can't wait till I feel more like myself. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks so I've got a way to go. As for the first posting I put down, there was a big misunderstanding on my part and things have been straightened out. Thanks Dr. Cohen.

|  Dr. Cohen needs better family skills  |  show details
by Robin Corona on Jul 21st, 2013

On July 11th I had an aortic valve replacement at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. Everything went well. I was told by my husband that my family were all in the surgery waiting room waiting for word on me. He said several doctors were in and out talking with families, giving them the results of their family member's surgery when Dr. Cohen walked in suddenly asking my husband to step out into the hall so they could talk. Well, my husband and family thought I died. My husband followed him to the hallway, and needless to say, so did my other family members. He was ready to cry when Dr. Cohen told him that I was fine and there was more disease than they had originally thought. Well my son was ready to punch him for putting them through that and I guess my husband went home and cried. There was no smile, a half-hearted handshake and a hasty goodbye. He walked by my room once and waved. I never saw him after that. I do have an Appt on the 30th that I really don't want to go to. I'm really upset at how un-caring these doctors can be.

|  Excellent surgeon and team  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

I had coronary bypass surgery performed by Dr. Cohen at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. I was impressed by his professional approach as well as the expertise and caring of his team.

May 23rd, 2012

Dr of mine recommend Dr.Cohen and from the first time saw him I felt at ease. He was great during stay at the Hospital he was there and he was conserned and careing always telling us how it the surgery is going to be and the recovery. Thank you so much and for your Dr. Staff as well. well recommended.

May 23rd, 2012

Nightmare dealing with billing and paperwork. Too many mistakes. Staff refuse to refer you to person in charge. This has nothing to do with the doctor, but he needs to address this problem about his office manager who cannot be reached,

|  Very Grateful  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

Dr. Cohen was recommended to me as the best cardiothoracic surgeon in the area. I called his office on a Friday and saw him the following Tuesday. His office staff was very professional, and he and his team spent a long time explaining my surgery and answering my questions. My operation went very well, and my hospital care was excellent. I would recommend he and his team highly.

Aug 24th, 2010

I was referred to Dr C and did not find out he is a USC Surgeon Group member until the day of the appointment or I would have cancelled and used another non-affiliate. The wait time was 2 hours, and even though I sat waiting in one of the exam rms, he took phone calls, made phone calls, jokes etc. I was not pleased!! The consult was cursory, not complete and somewhat overwhelming and I was too angry to as questions. Wait for surgery was 14 hrs and I don't know if it was his doing or the hospital's. I never saw him or any of his staff after the surgery which was supposed to be outpatient but turned out otherwise. When I called about problems, I was told there was no need for a follow-up visit as the incission was so small. I continued to call and was finally given a followup appointment.I had a nightmarish experience with another USC surgeon and am convinced they suffer from over-inflated egos, god complexes and little concern for their patients.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Cohen came highly recommended to me and my husband and I were very impressed. He was extremely knowledgable and spent a lot of time with us. His team is also excellent, respectful, and helped me make appointments with other specialists. He performed lung cancer surgery on me which was successful. His team is excellent.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2009

Outstanding in every way

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2008

Dr. Cohen performed aortic aneurysm surgery on me and saved my life. He took great care of me in every respect. I am very grateful.

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2008

Dr. Cohen performed open heart surgery on me and I continue to have issues that he dismisses. I can not recommend him to anyone I care about. I am currently looking for another surgeon/doctor to help me pick up the pieces.