Dr. Robbin Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 15 reviews

July 25th, 2016
It's a shame that we did not research this doctor before he operated on our son. The lung transplant was a disaster and ultimately contributed to our son's death. Would not recommend him ever.

September 4th, 2015
Extremely Grateful!!!!
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Cohen for cardiac surgery! He saved my brother's life! My brother had an aortic aneurism that burst on the operating table. Dr. Cohen is a brilliant surgeon who was able to make the necessary decisions on the spot - placing a catheter into my brother's neck immediately to deliver blood so that my brother did not lose brain function! He completed the surgery perfectly and my brother was able to leave the CICU within a week. How lucky we were that Dr. Cohen was available when the ambulance arrived. Perhaps that is why many people who complained about the wait time had to sit a little longer than expected. I have never me the man, however, so what if he isn't a touchy feely kind of guy? He is an amazing surgeon and as I enjoy my brother and marvel over his recovery, I am thankful everyday that Dr. Cohen was available when my brother needed him!

June 24th, 2015
Would not recommend him
To even schedule an appointment was a nightmare. Then I had to wait almost 3 hours to see him. He spent about 10 minutes or less with me and I felt so uncomfortable, like if he didn't respect me beliefs in health and in general. He definitely did not show any personal interest in me. I know he is very skilled and is good at what he does, but that's not all I'm looking for in a surgeon. I need to feel comfortable and confident in him and I definitely don't have that with Dr. Cohen. I am currently trying to get my insurance to approve another surgeon outside of Keck Medical.

July 8th, 2014
Really?
My brother is being transferred to Dr. Cohen for surgery. After reading of his reviews on this website, I feel bad for Mrs. Cohen who took offense with his communication skills between he and her family. I have not met Dr Cohen yet bit I've doubt he will be in good hands under his care. I am sure he was doing what is required of a specialist of his caliber by taking her family member aside and speaking to him privately. That's called professionalism. Trust me I'd take that over a marvelous personality any time!

May 7th, 2014
Great doctor
He is amazing !

July 30th, 2013
Heart valve replacement
Dr. Cohen is very good at what he does and I can't wait till I feel more like myself. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks so I've got a way to go. As for the first posting I put down, there was a big misunderstanding on my part and things have been straightened out. Thanks Dr. Cohen.

November 13th, 2012
Excellent surgeon and team
I had coronary bypass surgery performed by Dr. Cohen at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. I was impressed by his professional approach as well as the expertise and caring of his team.

May 23rd, 2012
Dr of mine recommend Dr.Cohen and from the first time saw him I felt at ease. He was great during stay at the Hospital he was there and he was conserned and careing always telling us how it the surgery is going to be and the recovery. Thank you so much and for your Dr. Staff as well. well recommended.

May 23rd, 2012
Nightmare dealing with billing and paperwork. Too many mistakes. Staff refuse to refer you to person in charge. This has nothing to do with the doctor, but he needs to address this problem about his office manager who cannot be reached,

October 5th, 2010
Very Grateful
Dr. Cohen was recommended to me as the best cardiothoracic surgeon in the area. I called his office on a Friday and saw him the following Tuesday. His office staff was very professional, and he and his team spent a long time explaining my surgery and answering my questions. My operation went very well, and my hospital care was excellent. I would recommend he and his team highly.

August 24th, 2010
I was referred to Dr C and did not find out he is a USC Surgeon Group member until the day of the appointment or I would have cancelled and used another non-affiliate. The wait time was 2 hours, and even though I sat waiting in one of the exam rms, he took phone calls, made phone calls, jokes etc. I was not pleased!! The consult was cursory, not complete and somewhat overwhelming and I was too angry to as questions. Wait for surgery was 14 hrs and I don't know if it was his doing or the hospital's. I never saw him or any of his staff after the surgery which was supposed to be outpatient but turned out otherwise. When I called about problems, I was told there was no need for a follow-up visit as the incission was so small. I continued to call and was finally given a followup appointment.I had a nightmarish experience with another USC surgeon and am convinced they suffer from over-inflated egos, god complexes and little concern for their patients.

July 16th, 2010
Great doctor
Dr. Cohen came highly recommended to me and my husband and I were very impressed. He was extremely knowledgable and spent a lot of time with us. His team is also excellent, respectful, and helped me make appointments with other specialists. He performed lung cancer surgery on me which was successful. His team is excellent.