A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Avery:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Avery is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Avery, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Internal Medicine - Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Avery graduated from Saint Louis University.
Dr. Avery has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Prattville Baptist Hospital
- Baptist Medical Center South
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Avery accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert A. Avery practice?
Dr. Robert Avery practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hospice & Palliative Medicine near Montgomery, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Prattville, AL.
See Montgomery Internists, Montgomery Oncologists, and Montgomery Hospice & Palliative Specialists.