Dr. Robert Brennan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 20th, 2012
Wish I could Still Use Him
I used him for a few years. He was very nice to me. He always took the extra time to talk to me about quitting smoking and even put together packets for me every time I had a visit so that I would hopefully quit. I live in Illinois now and want to deliver close to our home so I had to find a new doctor over here, but really wish I could stick with Dr. Brennan. I never once felt uncomfortable with him. Very sad I won't be able to use him for my first child.

March 14th, 2012
disappointed
Told me there was no heartbeat in ultrasound sent me homep to await more in depth ultrasound. Next morning was told I aS fine by tech at hospital. He almost made me miscrry.

November 2nd, 2011
I think Dr. Brennan is a diamond in the rough.
I have had two pregnancies and two deliveries. Dr. Brennan was my ob/gyn for both of them. I was categorized as high risk both times because of a Gestational Diabetes diagnosis. If you need someone to be overly loving and nurture you through pregnancy he isn't the doctor to pick. But if you want someone who knows what they are doing, someone to feel totally safe and confident in, someone that has incredible experience and knowledge then he is the perfect choice. All I cared about was having healthy babies. I counted on my family and friends to comfort me.He IS warm once you get to know him. One day I was particularly upset and exhausted and he reasured me with a smile that everything "was going to be okay." I learned to love him and I have two PERFECT little girls to show that he was right. Everything turned out all right. :)

October 5th, 2011
Dr Brennan is very pleasant and honest. I feel comforted and safe when under his care. He continues to expand his knowledge of the field of OB/GYN and is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in. Very worth seeking out his care.

March 21st, 2011
Very professional and kind
Very professional, caring and kind. Gentle examination and manner. Matter of fact about necessary tests and procedures. Answers questions and gives current advice. I have been going to Dr. Brennan for over 25 years and he is one of the best.

May 18th, 2010
He was a wonderful caring doctor!

April 4th, 2010
Maybe you should be nicer when your patient is in labor....
He was never really nice, and I was going through enough trying to get my 10 pound baby to deliver since my body was not cooperating.... but I think he went a little far yelling at me while I was trying to deliver and telling me it was my fault that I had to have an emergency c-section... I was in tears, terrified for my life and my babies and he's yelling at me! My mother and my fiance's mother were in the room and I thought my mom was going to hurt him.... He's lucky she was too concerned consoling me. That is not the experiece a first time mother should have giving birth. He is so cold all the time. I wouldn't want anyone to go to him. I don't see why people feel the need to become doctors if they don't even like people. Do something else! It might have to do with the fact that he should have retired 50 years ago.

March 28th, 2009
Egotistical, negligent-- canceled and refused to reschedule an appointment for a mother (under his care) with a 3rd trimester high risk pregnancy; refused to provide referral. Office staff provided on the sly.