Dr. Robert Mcauley MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2017
Care my friend received in Palomar Behavioral health locked unit on second floor in downtown campus
Dr McAauley saw my fiend at least four times prior to my meeting him at the facility. He knew nothing of her history, came in with minimal notes, did not know meds she was on and kept telling me she was not a psychiatric patient ( although she had been walking, talking and able to manage traveling to Florida in the prior recent weeks of hospitalization) .I understand my friend has a very complicated medical condition and it is possible this was not a psych presentation but he could not seem to find time to explain his reasoning, The day I was there he said "she seemed seemed a little clearer" then proceeded to discontinue the few psych meds she was on and did not expain why. He did not tell me what they had been sedating her with when she got "agitated" My entire interaction with him was so negative, as soon as we could get caregivers set up at home we got her discharged to home and she is doing remarkably well. In addition there was no communication with family or myself from any of staff unless we initiated it. There were times people came to see her and they were turned away because she was having a "bad day" I rarely do any on line reviews it is important others know what a terrible experience this was for our loved one.

July 9th, 2016