Dr. Robert Moran MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

February 11th, 2016
Professional Medical Treatment, Incredible.
Wellington Retreat has officially blown my mind. The professionalism and quality of care is something I have never seen (and my son has been to 8 other treatment centers). The treatment team is experienced in mental health, not just addiction. Wellington Retreat is the only place that focuses on the BEHAVIORS of their patients on a 24/7 basis and makes their treatment recommendations based off of them. Also, I have never seen a place work around the clock with the families, setting up weekly calls and a 24/7 support group that includes the key staff members as well. I have never felt so loved by a treatment facility, and I love being part of the treatment. If you or a family member is serious about getting help, Wellington Retreat is the place, without a doubt.

December 9th, 2015
Hear miracles from the families
I have to say, the negative reviews online could not be further from the truth. I heard directly from the families about Wellington Retreat and WOW, am I impressed. The facility is beautiful and the Doctor is incredible. He spends several hours EVERY DAY with his patients and helps those who have lost hope. The Family Weekend program they provide is an unbelievable experience and helps the entire family heal. Wellington Retreat has been the miracle my family has been praying for.

October 21st, 2015
For those who truly want help...
Wellington Retreat welcomed me, educated me, and made every treatment decision in my best interest. What I learned is priceless. We cannot have expectations when our loved one enters treatment. It is our job to let the Treatment Team and Doctor use their professional knowledge and experience to help patients suffering from addiction and mental disorders. People must understand that addiction is a mental disorder and whether they've used drugs or not, each person that goes into treatment should encounter a similar structure. Medicine will be specific to that individual and along with community therapy, will start to work. Wellington Retreat has created the most unique and successful program by integrating community therapy with medicine, and has given hope to those who have lost it. I was a patient for over 11 months and what I have seen is a miracle. I read all these negative reviews and I understand where they are coming from, however they are not a reliable source of information. Something I have learned over time about families is the lack of education. Wellington Retreat hosts a Family Weekend Program every 2 months in an attempt to educate the families and get them to see how recovery works. What was discovered is that when we don't have the families educated, their loved one rarely succeeds in treatment. Whether it is from co-dependency or enabling, families are one of the most crucial components of one's recovery and without them on board, there is very little chance for success. Wellington Retreat takes the time and resources to educate each family member in hopes to help them better understand mental disorders and addiction issues. I have never seen a more loving community than Wellington Retreat, and I have been to several facilities. Wellington Retreat isn't a place you come to for 30 days and go home, because that doesn't work. It is a place you come to change who you are and learn how to become an independent, productive member of society. People can write as many negative things about this facility, but the fact is it works, and if you're one of those people that truly wants to get healthy, this is your best chance. I'm not asking you to take my word for it, but at least check it out and make the decision for yourself, don't let someone else make it for you.

June 29th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Moran
Dr. Moran and the team at Wellington Retreat saved my sons life. I cannot express enough thanks for everything they did for Tanner. Before wellington, tanner was suicidal, cutting and addicted to drugs. He is now home, happy and 5 months clean. Dr. Moran was the answer to many of my prayers. Thank you!!

April 21st, 2015
The Best Teatment Program and Staff
My loved one has been in Wellington Retreat for over a year. I went through a program and have been sober and clean for 35 years. I don't know where my loved would be today without Dr. Moran and his staff's guidance. Dr. Moran is one of the few treatment centers in the US that is ran by the Psychiatrist. His treatment is superb. My loved one had to go through many programs and much pain, before finding this place. My Mother came to one of the week-end retreats, She had not been around this sort of thing. Her remarks were all positive, when she saw him helping the patients as well as the loved ones. I can understand where people may initially misinterpret him and staff when they are trying to break unhealthy co-dependency and enabling habits between you and your loved one. I am writing this out of love and its sad when people write things that are not true out of anger. Because we are dealing with peoples lives and happiness. After six years my loved one is the happiest he has ever been and thinks Dr. Moran is the greatest. My loved one did not always think that way, he had to go through some growing pains. By the way, today he is celebrating 6 months of Sobriety and Med Compliance! P.S. The housing and hotel -All newly remodeled, is very nice and clean. Initially they may ask you to not visit your loved one, if there are co-dependency or stabilization issues. That is temporary. I could on and on....How he treats the family and not the patients. How he has family retreats, how there are weekly calls for us-the loved ones to get together and discuss our feelings. Bottom Line: Addiction & Med Compliance can not be treated by sugar coating things. Facing yourself and issues can be tough, but the reward of sanity, sobriety, happiness, and gratitude are worth it all. Just so you know, some of the best counselors in the world are ex-addicts. One Sober & Clean addict can be an excellent role-model to others that want to follow that same path. Best Wishes to All-One Day at a Time!

January 8th, 2015
This guy knows his stuff, and is not afraid to tell it like it is. Addicts are self centered and manipulative, dealing with it everyday can be difficult. He has a no bones spared approach and it works if you are willing to work it. My hat is off to him. Thank you Dr. Moran.

April 20th, 2012
Parent
Dr. Robert A. Moran needs to be investigated. Our daughter spent several months under his care, and, through the use of a daily journal, detailed her experiences with him and his staff. His motive is clearly NOT care and help for teens with addiction. He is focused on profit and financial gain through the blatant exploitation of vulnerable clients. He shows zero empathy or compassion to the young clients. He is arrogant, self centered and extremely condescending to all in his presence. As parents, we emailed him for insight and assistance, and we were told we are contributing to our daughter's ongoing problems. We were marginalized and our every word was dissected and criticized. There is no involvement with the client's family. In fact, any such interest on the part of the family is categorized as destructive and harmful to the patient. The very few calls that a family is entitled to are monitored by a staff therapist. Our daughter lived in constant fear of punishment and retribution from asking questions, voicing opinions, or sharing feelings and observations with her parents. She was routinely threatened with being thrown out onto the streets, being forced into the partial hospitalization level of treatment (PHP) or being "Baker Acted"! The Baker Act is a tool to subdue and confine anyone who exhibits the desire to harm themselves or others. Our daughter was emotionally controlled, repressed, and abused, because she is an extraordinarily bright and insightful young woman. In a nutshell, Wellington Retreat and Dr. Moran exhibit a strong motive to keep their clients weak and vulnerable to maximize the time in treatment. Our insurance provider was billed for services not rendered and, in fact, was billed for housing when housing is clearly not covered under the level of care our daughter was assigned. An ongoing investigation is in progress for fraud and criminal activity. STAY AWAY. KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AWAY FROM DR. ROBERT A. MORAN. You have been warned.

November 21st, 2011
,Shouldn't Specialize in Addiction
After a long relationship with Dr. Moran I found he was treating me with addictive medications for my addiction, charged my Insurance company $1200 for 2 Urinalysis tests, was difficult to contact, and never on time for appointments including forgetting at least 2! I am lucky to have found all of this out before it was too late!

September 10th, 2010
no way
He was extremely arrogant narcissitic and would not recommend

March 20th, 2010
I found Dr. Moran at first a little too formal, he never called me by my first name, always Ms. so-and-so, and I worried that he was not empathitic to my problems. It was not until I got to know him better that I saw that he was interested in my well being. He does want you to confront things that you may not like and that can be hard at first. He is not a pill pusher. He prescribes only when he feels it's necessary. I got to like him very much and thanks to him I feel I am doing much better. I have been through some trying times and without his honest support I would not have been able to get through them.

February 21st, 2010
Sadistic
After only one meeting with Dr. Moran, he attempted to diagnose my condition, arriving at a different conclusion than my top doctor who I had seen for years. He then proceeded to talk with my family and loved ones without my permission, specifically advising one to abandon me. Again, this was only after ONE meeting, which most psychiatrists would consider unacceptable. He displayed sadistic qualities and I'm so sorry I met him. Now I'm focusing on piecing my life back together.