Dr. Robert Silverman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 26th, 2012
Highly recommend Dr Silverman
Dr Silverman doesn't recommend a variety of unnecessary additional procedures but provides a balanced recommendation. He is practical and knowledgable. He is also extraordinarily skilled with kids. His office staff is not particularly friendly but they get the job done. And Dr Silverman--he is a rare find.

September 22nd, 2011
If you are looking for a skin check for your children for skin cancer, he does only a very cursory look at the skin, and does not take the issue seriously, despite the fact that Melanoma is on the rise for children. Also, the wait time at Georgetown is horrible, often several hours.

August 14th, 2011
Good Doctor
I went to Dr. Silverman after an unsafactory experience with another dermatologist. On my initial exam, he noticed a small pimple on my back and had me return after 6 months to check it.It was still there, so he biopsed it and found it to be a basal cell carcinoma. He surgically removed it in his office and it healed quickly. This gives me confidence in his ability to discern real problems from benign skin blemishes.

March 27th, 2011
Caring and Warm Disposition
Dr. Silverman has treated me and my family for over 20 years. A leader in his field of pediatric dermatology, he has an engaging personality, a warm sense of humor, and a professional manner. He is popular & well-known among his peers and patients alike. I recommend him highly and without reservation.

March 15th, 2011
Excellent doctor
Dr. Silverman is one of the most knowledgeable and well-informed doctors in the metropolitan area. He is a teacher, who often has residents with him, and if you ask good questions, he will give you honest and straight-forward answers. Dermatology is not magic, and sometimes you have to try several things to see which works for a particular person, and sometimes the cure is not quick. But I would recommend this doctor to everyone. Mother of Seven

October 1st, 2010
Would never recommend to anyone..
We came with our baby 7 months old with his skin problem. Dr. Robert Silverman prescribed him bunch of different creams and soaks which as we found out later didn't help us at all. And when I showed doctor little tiny black dot on baby's back he scrached with his nail ( without gloves). And the very next day our baby got pus on that spot... It was MRSA bacteria... that we got from Dr. Robert Silverman... we end up giving our poor baby strong antibiotic which cause him a diahrea... and now after full course of antibiotic it came back... we have to give him antibiotic again. Why doctor couldn't be more carefull and clean.. at least for little baby..