Dr. Robert Wood Jr Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Robert Wood Jr?

Aweful experience

Posted on February 21st, 2014

I have had 3 surgeries at Olathe medical center and every time the Doctor who performed the surgery, came back to my room to visit me to see how I was doing after the surgery, making sure I was not in pain and that I was healing as expected. 4th time I had the bad experience to get under Dr Wood's knife and it was not a pleasant experience, not that any surgery small or big is supposed to be pleasant but man, I was promised I would not remember anything from the time of the surgery nor would I feel any pain, well I remember everything since I was awake and conscious the whole time, at some point in the middle of the surgery I was I so much pain they had to put more anesthesia, but that was not the worse part, all day that day the wound would bleed more than the few drops I was told, next day he was MIA, not a visit not a reply to my concerns over the bleeding, that day it continued to bleed, both nurses and my Doctor agreed that I needed another stich and that Doctor Wood would come the next day to see the wound, that didn't happen, next day on a Saturday they sent me home saying is Saturday and Dr Wood doesn't come on the Weekends, I kept bleeding over the weekend in extreme pain, so much I had to go to the ER because my dressing was a pool of Blood, still Dr. Wood claimed that night through the phone that he didn't know anything and that he was never notified. I can believe that one or 2 people failed to deliver the message, but 4 people? The burses, my doctor, My daughter who was very upset and called his emergency number Sunday Afternoon, and Customer service from Olathe Medical Center, all of them failed to properly delivr a message? I don't think so.

Posted on October 19th, 2017