A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Acton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Acton is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Acton, MD is board certified in Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Depressive Disorder
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
Education & Awards
Dr. Acton graduated from University of Cincinnati. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Acton has 5 hospital affiliations:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
- Fairview Ridges Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Acton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- HealthPartners - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Acton practice?
Dr. Robert Acton practices Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Psychiatry near Saint Paul, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Minneapolis, MN and Burnsville, MN.
See Saint Paul Surgeons, Saint Paul Pediatric Surgeons, and Saint Paul Psychiatrists.