A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Adelaar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Adelaar, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Adelaar
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Adelaar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Adelaar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Adelaar graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Adelaar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Community Mem Health Center
- VCU Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Stephen Adelaar MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Adelaar practice?
- Dr. Robert Adelaar has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Adelaar practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand near Richmond, VA.
See Richmond Surgeons and Richmond Orthopedic Surgeons.