A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Adelaar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Adelaar, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Adelaar, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Internal Fracture Fixation
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Adelaar graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Adelaar has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Community Mem Health Center
- VCU Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Adelaar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert S. Adelaar practice?
Dr. Robert Adelaar practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery near Richmond, VA.
Additional practice locations include: South Hill, VA.
See Richmond Surgeons.