Dr. Robert Archer DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2016
Should have never died
My husband was not in an emergency situation needed a heart Valve replacement died under his care on operating table From what he called stone heart this doesnt happen any more Find another surgeon

November 22nd, 2015
Good Doc, marginal office
Dr. did a great job with my 5 bypass surgery. Only complication was I am left with right diaphragm paralyzed from the surgery. It is a complication of heart surgery sometimes and not because of a lack of his individual skills. His office is managed poorly regarding getting appointments and follow up appointments. Only negative was after one post op visit in the hospital, I never saw dr. again, only his physician assistant whom I would rate as dedicated but marginal overall.

June 30th, 2015
Surgery
Dr Archer or his surgical staff do not have the knowledge on what to do if there is a complication in surgery. My husband died in what should have been a routine surgery. They had no clue how to take care of him. I would tell anyone to get another opinion and find another doctor and hospital.

May 29th, 2015
Heart surgery questions
My husband died in surgery under his care. He never gave us any clear answers what happened in operating room. If our family knew what we know now I would go somewhere else and choose another surgeon.

December 10th, 2014
Great Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Archer is an excellent Doctor, He did my father's by-pass surgery. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate and detailed minded. His bedside manners are very good, checking up on his patients several times a day. My only concern was his office staff that were not always very helpful. Dr. Archer on the other hand is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and will spend whatever amount of time needed on his patients. This Doctor is definitely a professional who you can trust your life to when it comes to heart surgery. He has many years of experience in the area of heart surgery. I recommend this Doctor highly because of his knowledge and professionalism.

October 25th, 2013
Surgical Issues not in question
I am not questioning Dr. Archer's skills as a surgeon. I deplore his lack of management skills in running his office. One will sit for hours waiting for appointments and frequently his office will reschedule you at the last minute only to wait another day. Occasional waits for surgeries are acceptablee but you must count on spending half a day waiting in his office.

December 1st, 2008
Excellent doctor
Dr. Archer was very accommodating with scheduling my surgery. His surgical skills saved most of my lung.

July 12th, 2016