Dr. Robert Avery MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Albuquerque, NM

• Good
  • Bad

February 20th, 2014
My experience was outstanding. Dr. Avery and staff made special concessions to take care of me including staying late b/c we were from out of town. I actually expected good medical care, but I did not expect all of the extra effort from all involved. I have a medical background and can honestly say his approach was clear, no nonsense, and logical but he still had the ability to be personal and understanding. Good follow-up. Not rushed, questions answered.

July 12th, 2013
PA
I worked at UNM Hospitals and couldn't choose my ophthalmologist. I knew the problem already. I waited five months for an appointment. I finally saw him and he did expensive testing. Then, I saw Avery who spent 30 minutes evaluating me. After 90 minute, Avery says, "I know the problem but there is nobody at the UNM that can help you. Your insurance won't cover you to get treated anywhere else. Good Luck and here is your bill for $375.00" Avery is dishonest and unethical in his medical practice. Some doctors are in medicine to make as much money as is possible. Dr. Avery is one of those doctors that cares only how much money he makes. Regrettably, patients suffer immeasurable harm. He will never lose his medical license because doctors police doctors and the medical board will never step in and stop his dishonest behavior. I hope that you don't suffer under Avery's care. Behind that soft-spoken midwestern personality is a guy who spent years cheating patients and insurance companies.

August 8th, 2017