Dr. Robert Hansen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 8th, 2015
Best care EVER!!!!!
I never saw Dr. Hansen in Portsmouth....thank God. I heard that practice was horrible. BUT I have had the GREAT honor of meeting the best doctor I have ever had. Dr. Hansen not only has the BEST bedside manner, he really cares. He spent 1 and 1/2 hours with me on my first visit. I'm bi polar and have seizures so my case can be very complicating at times. But after a few months, we finally got the right medicine and treatment plan going. OH and I can't forget to mention Rena (his left hand woman). She is the best nurse. This practice is more than just my doctor's office....they are like my family. I have had one other pain management woman and she didn't come even close compared to Dr. Hansen. I will always go to see him. The concierge fee is well worth it. I know sometimes medical costs can get expensive but he is completely worth it. Trust me.....if you need pain management, you have GOT to make an appointment.

August 25th, 2015
I saw him at a pain clinic.

June 4th, 2015
I have only had 1 appt with Dr. Hansen but he was FANTASTIC!! He actually took the time to listen to my concerns and not rush me just to get to the next patient. I felt like the Dr. as well as his staff genuinely care about each patient. Pain management is already hard enough as others judge you without understanding the true pain you are really in and do not know how hard each day really can be. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hansen to my family and friends. The old saying that "he is so nice he would give you the shirt off his back" is exactly the case with this Dr. as I was freezing while sitting in the office and the Dr. literally gave me his jacket to wear. I have nothing but positive feedback for Dr. Hansen.

March 24th, 2015
Best Pain Mgmt Doctor Ever
Dr. Hansen is no longer with Bon Secour but has his own practice again. It took quite awhile to get in to see him at Bon Secour but once you saw him, he knew exactly what kind of pain you had just by you explaining it to him and treated you accordingly. He was kind and really cared about his patients. His bedside manner was an A++++++++++++++++.

January 20th, 2015
Great doctor!
He's a wonderful doctor who looks at your lifestyle and entire body to figure out the best treatment plan for you! He's also a former athlete, so he knows injuries and is empathetic to emotion.

January 19th, 2015
Exceptional Practice
Dr. Henson has been a Godsend for me. I've only gone a few months but I believe we finally found the right medications for me. It was hard, really hard at first because of my terrible insurance, and some meds that just didn't work. But he never gave up. There was an incident that made me respect him so much. I was coming back from my sister's for three days, and my car was broken into at a Walmart. They took everything.....including ALL medications from all my doctors. One doctor wouldn't help. But even with the types of drugs they were, Dr. Henson helped with no problems. He's worth the concierge fee and much more. Plus he really, really cares. And Rena; his nurse, well she is the best!!!!

December 15th, 2014
Doctor Hanson, is one of the smartest pain management doctors, in all of Va, In my opinion. he Loves his "Plans" and they work...

May 24th, 2014
Where did Dr. Hansen go.....
We have just learned that Dr. Hansen has left Bon Secour does anyone know where he is practicing

March 6th, 2013
cpo
I have never been treated so terrible by a staff. They do not let you ask questions--they cut me off right in the middle. I was treated like a criminal and they were Gods. Unable to meet the real doctor he is protected by his nurses. They just simply dont care about our pain and really need to practice bedside manner. Simply, please stay away from this office.

February 6th, 2013
Be Aware...Its your body!
Dr. Hansen himself is not so bad, but his staff is the worst group of medical professionals I have ever seen, and he allows it to happen (in my opinion). His PA, Katie, has little mercy and his nurse actually has a meaness and cruel spirt about her. The head desk ladies (some) are unprofessional and have no problem being rude to you, even if you are not being rude to them. His nurse is impossible to get ahold of and if she calls you back at all, it is always scary late. Basically, they have no problem putting you on very strong narcotics- but they cannot be trusted because if you are even 5 min.late (which sometimes you cannot control or you do anything they deem "wrong," they will allow your medication to run out just on principal and to punish you, for anything. They offer a joke of a "withdrawl" coctail...do not put your body in their cold-blooded hands!

July 17th, 2012
Truely caring Dr.
I've been seeing Dr. Hanson for years and have a trusting relationship with him. He has helped me through many bad and painful times. I know with my condition I will never be pain free but he takes the time to explain things in a way I can understand, I know he cares about me and has shown it many times in many ways. The Pain Centr is going through a transition now that it's part of Bon Secor I don't know if it's a change for the best but it's not a reflection on Dr Hanson. He can't control appointments or how long you wait although he does try his hardest. He has called the office manager into the room to try to get appointments scheduled for me. How many Dr.s do that in this day and age? I wish I could give him more than 5 stars he deserves many more

December 31st, 2011
Only Dr to make sure that I fully understood what was going on with my problems Really like this Dr