Neurologists, Pain Management Specialist, Psychiatrist
4445 Corporation Ln
Ste 120
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
757-399-0759
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Mrs.  |  show details
by Anne A. on Jul 9th, 2014

I walked out of the BON Secours Pain Mangement Office at Va. Beach on my first visit since Dr. Hansen left...the nursing staff was quite rude and she insisted that Dr. Bernadini said that I "either pee in the bottle or leave" - well I chose to leave, because I wanted to speak with Dr. Bernadini personally about the specimen which my insurance wouldn't pay for...ANYWAY - I'm so thrilled that Dr. Bob Hansen has been found and I intend to become his patient once again - Dr. Hansen is the most compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable doctor I've been to for pain management with my fibromyalgia and headaches - been to countless others over time and Dr. Hansen worked with me until we found a stable treatment routine that worked - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. ROBERT HANSEN for anyone suffering with pain! Go find him at the Smithfield Building across from Sentara Leigh Hospital - RUN!!!

Jun 25th, 2014

He is the best doctor in his field around here I just found out he will be renting office space From a hand specialist group in mid July at 6160 kempsville circle suite 102a in the Smithfield Bldg in norfolk. Thank The Lord. Just wanted to Pass along this fantastic news!!!

|  Where did Dr. Hansen go.....  |  show details
by Angela on May 24th, 2014

We have just learned that Dr. Hansen has left Bon Secour does anyone know where he is practicing

|  Stay Away!  |  show details
by Genuine Chronic Pain Patient on Nov 5th, 2013

Doctor was subpoenaed to appear in court on my behalf and ended up testifying completely contradictory to what he discussed with my lawyer. He cost me > $7,000 in legal fees. He only cares about getting paid and protecting his reputation at the expense of other's misery. He is completely unscrupulous. I have reported this doctor to the state medical board for violating his medical directives and for professional misconduct.

|  cpo  |  show details
by Officer Matt on Mar 6th, 2013

I have never been treated so terrible by a staff. They do not let you ask questions--they cut me off right in the middle. I was treated like a criminal and they were Gods. Unable to meet the real doctor he is protected by his nurses. They just simply dont care about our pain and really need to practice bedside manner. Simply, please stay away from this office.

|  Be Aware...Its your body!  |  show details
by Mrs. Be Careful :) on Feb 6th, 2013

Dr. Hansen himself is not so bad, but his staff is the worst group of medical professionals I have ever seen, and he allows it to happen (in my opinion). His PA, Katie, has little mercy and his nurse actually has a meaness and cruel spirt about her. The head desk ladies (some) are unprofessional and have no problem being rude to you, even if you are not being rude to them. His nurse is impossible to get ahold of and if she calls you back at all, it is always scary late. Basically, they have no problem putting you on very strong narcotics- but they cannot be trusted because if you are even 5 min.late (which sometimes you cannot control or you do anything they deem "wrong," they will allow your medication to run out just on principal and to punish you, for anything. They offer a joke of a "withdrawl" coctail...do not put your body in their cold-blooded hands!

|  Truely caring Dr.  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Hanson for years and have a trusting relationship with him. He has helped me through many bad and painful times. I know with my condition I will never be pain free but he takes the time to explain things in a way I can understand, I know he cares about me and has shown it many times in many ways. The Pain Centr is going through a transition now that it's part of Bon Secor I don't know if it's a change for the best but it's not a reflection on Dr Hanson. He can't control appointments or how long you wait although he does try his hardest. He has called the office manager into the room to try to get appointments scheduled for me. How many Dr.s do that in this day and age? I wish I could give him more than 5 stars he deserves many more

Dec 31st, 2011

Only Dr to make sure that I fully understood what was going on with my problems Really like this Dr

|  Painful Experience  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

The administrative support staff are rude. I have never been treated so poorly before. When I complained they brought out the office manager. She was openly hostile. The medical staff were ok, but seemed to be just going through the motions. I have severe issues with pain. It was obvious they no one there cared whether I felt better.

|  Fabulous  |  show details
by Marjorie on Dec 13th, 2010

Honestly, the folks complaining in this forum sound like irresponsible brats. Those whining about not being seen after missing an appointment did not clarify the CPM's policy. If you miss two appointments within six months with OUT contacting them in advance, your service will be suspended. As most people (not those just wanting drugs to get high or to sell)visiting the center are in extreme pain and value their appointments, an appointment time that is unfilled due to a patient who did not show up and did not call is a slight to someone who could really use the appointment. As for the drug testing... failing the test shows you are either abusing the medications (taking too many, which is dangerous), or that you have not taken anything at all but are still asking for prescription refills (which shows you are most likely selling/dealing the medications). I cannot imagine what the complainer did who stated that the CPM would no longer treat them after they complained about service. I have had two issues with the staff in the six years I have visited Dr. Hansen. Both times I politely explained the situation, the issues were rectified, and there were no repercussions for me. Is it possible some people behave as badly as those they complain about? Waiting time-wise, I see no difference at the CPM than I have at any other business. I do know that if you arrive at the requested 15 minutes prior to appointment time, you get seen much more quickly. For those who continue to be late, and who do NOT call, I am far from shocked that they may have to wait longer than those who arrive in a timely manner. When it comes to personal time with the doctor, I only see Dr. Hansen, who is fabulous. He spends as much time with me and my husband as we need. He offers solutions, but I also do my own research. My health is my business, and if I don't look out for myself, who will? I research medications, current and experimental treatment and, if I consider something a possibility, I talk to Dr. Hansen about it. I suggest that the others on this forum grow up, take responsibility for their own health, and learn some manners.

|  i was treated like a drug seeker  |  show details
by after my surgary i was told to go back i said i would take abottle of advil a day first on Sep 15th, 2010

I have so much to say that it all won't fit on this. I took a friend to her apts along with myself for over a year. She would on pouposely be late. I was put on notice to be to be released from care all three times I was late. My pain was so intense it was hard to keep any schedule. I also saw 2 other people in the office come in late and where told no problem. One day I was out of medicine and had to put my dog to sleep. The office was full. Patients had waited up to one and a half hours as i asked. Iwas 5 mins late in tears begging the resepionist please ask dr hansen to see me. He refused. He was alreaady too behind he told me. Ileft in tears pain and had to wait 4 days for medicine

|  Bad Pain Mgmt Practice  |  show details
by GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR on Jun 25th, 2010

I honestly do not know quite where to start. His front desk staff are rude. The ignored me when I entered the office and approached the desk - just kept talking among themselves. The Doctor seemed OK on the first visit, but then I got unqualified PAs on every other visit. They ranged from disinterested to hostile because I questioned them about why they recommended specific medications. The office manager/risk manager is a witch. When I complained about the management of my case they directed me to her. She inflamed the situation. I made such a fuss that I finally got to see the doctor again after a dozen visits. He seemed disinterested with my issues. I left this practice and found a much better doctor with much better staff. Glad I did. It is my body and my choice. I refuse to be treated in a crappy manner by people whom I am paying for service.

Jun 9th, 2010

While Dr. Hansen is well qualified, I found him to pay too little attention to my reports about my conditions. He treated me for migraine, cervical spinal stenosis, and fibromyalgia. I was in great pain when I first began seeing him and unable at that time to do much research on my own about the newest of my problems, fibromyalgia. I was put on narcotic pain killers to ease the fibro pain with no pain relief and a number of nasty side-effects. He insisted that the pain killers should work, did work in 99% of such cases and put me on a trial of a different painkiller. Unfortunately, this did no better and as I continued to struggle with chronic pain, I began researching fibromyalgia. I learned that most fibro cases do Not benefit from narcotic painkillers. It became difficult to talk with him as he seemed to have his agenda while I asked for alternative strategies. Ultimately I asked for appointments with another doctor in the group, Dr Holden (I believe) who used trigger point injections to give me some relief.

|  Causing Waves and Kicked to the Curb  |  show details
by Shaune Zenzel on Feb 5th, 2010

This pain management clinic is set-up for business in a big way, and they have the formulae to produce volume. Every service but pharmacy is in-house, and in many ways that is great. The docs know what they are doing, it is the staff that weakens the experience. I had an invasive procedure and was administered an drug via IV to make the process more tolerable, it did not work at all, neither the proceure or the IV medication, I felt and remembered everything. When my insurance company was billed, they did not cover the meds which were $500. Alot to pay for something that did not work. When I refused to pay that amount because it failed to work, they booted me from the practice because I was a law suit threat. What a bunch of crap, and if that is the way they conduct business, it sucks. No other business could keep your funds or charge you for something that did not work. Try that on them, charge them for some office chairs, dont deliver, and see if they pay. Right! It is wrong no matter how you approach it. Dr's should not be excused from ethical standards in medicine or business.

|  Risk Manager  |  show details
by Unhappy Patient on Apr 30th, 2009

Risk Manager treats patients bad. She will drop you with little reason and doesn't care what happens to you. She sends you a page from the phone book to find a new doctor if you miss an appointment or are 30-45 days late with a payment. She will tell you they don't get assistance so they must drop you as a patient even if you normally have a good payment history plus they get all you insurance money & have you come in monthly.

|  REALLY BAD STAFF!!!  |  show details
by UNHAPPY CONSUMER on Aug 26th, 2008

THIS IS A PAIN MGMT DR. SAW HIM ON FIRST APPT, BUT GOT HIS STAFF THEREAFTER. FRONT DESK STAFF ARE RUDE & UNCOOPERATIVE. THEY MADE MY WIFE CRY IN THE WAITING AREA. USED AMERITOX FOR PERIODIC DRUG ABUSE TESTS - THEY GOT FALSE POSITIVES TWO TESTS IN A ROW. HE DID NOT CARE AND DID NOT CHANGE TO ANOTHER TEST COMPANY. WE DID, HOWEVER, GET NASTY LETTERS FROM THE RISK MANAGER/ADMINISTRATOR. HAD TO PROVE THE FALSE POSITIVES OURSELVES. THEN WE DEMANDED A LETTER OF APOLOGY. DOES NOT RETURN CALLS. WE GOT FED UP WITH THE POOR TREATMENT FROM THE STAFF AND TOLD THEM ABOUT IT. THEY SENT A LETTER THE DAY BEFORE THE NEXT APPT STATING THAT THEY DID NOT WANT TO TREAT US ANY MORE. HANSEN IS OK WHEN YOU SEE HIM, BUT THE REMAINDER OF THE STAFF ARE TERRIBLE. ONE SHOULD NOT TOLERATE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT. KEEP LOOKING FOR A BETTER PAIN MANAGEMENT PRACTICE.