Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patient show details Patient
by Carol on Apr 2nd, 2015

Visited me for less than two minutes while I was in-patient. Grabbed belly, said something about banding and left the room. No other contact. Seemed distracted, in a hurry and not to care. Insurance was charged $600.

Very professional and informative show details Very professional and informative
by Tara R on Mar 27th, 2015

Dr. K was very friendly and informative. My father was recently diagnosed with liver disease and was able to receive a referral appointment within a week. He explained his condition and what is needed to go forward, which my father's local doctors did not do. We truly appreciate him!

Undertreated show details Undertreated
Jul 1st, 2014

He did not listen when I told him I was having symptoms of liver disease. Even though it was found that all my debilitating symptoms I had been experiencing in recent years were from my liver. He refused to treat me requiring me to get proper treatment from another doctor.

waited over 6 months for appointment show details waited over 6 months for appointment
Sep 27th, 2011

My sister had a scheduled appt but then was admitted to OSU through ED. Dr never actually spoke to us about her liver disease, other than to poke his head around the curtain and ask us if we had met the woman sharing the hospital room. He said,"you're going to need a transplant talk to her, she knows all about it. I did hers and she's gotten along great." He told her to keep her appointment with THE NURSE at the end of the month, (which had been scheduled 6 months earlier) and HE would see her two months after that. Medication was written for 1 month. THE NURSE cancelled the appointment. Next available was over a month away. To wrap this up my sister developed problems, same thing she had been admitted to OSU for, I called the doctor's office Monday morning explaining #1. she needed to be seen and why #2. there were no refills on meds. I asked that a message please be given to the Dr. and for someone to please call me back. My sister also called later in the day. 36 hours later still no return call. My sister was admitted to another hospital this morning. I work with doctors. I can't imagine Dr.Kirkpatrick getting our messages and not having someone respond to them. Makes me wonder if he even has a clue what his staff says or does