A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Nelson is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Nelson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Nelson has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Indian Path Medical Center
- Johnson City Medical Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Nelson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert Nelson practice?
- Dr. Robert Nelson has 4 office locations.
Dr. Robert Nelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Elizabethton, TN.
Additional practice locations include: Livingston, TN and Mountain City, TN.
See Elizabethton Surgeons.