Dr. Robert Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

July 2nd, 2016
Great doc. Been doc for 25 years. Dependability great

June 23rd, 2016
Very well versed in medicine and takes time to access problem and takes time to educate patient with problems, corrective action and long time needs

April 6th, 2016
Dr. Smith is very rude. I continue to go to the office, but I refuse to see Dr. Smith and I see a nurse practitioner instead. I went in there after having a migraine for many many days. He was very rude, basically refused to help me and sent me on my way. He did not even check any vitals or have the nurse check vitals and two days later I was diagnosed with the flu and had 104 fever.

November 30th, 2015
I was appalled when I overheard the receptionists gossiping amongst themselves about patients' diagnoses after they walked out of the room. Which goes against patient confidentiality. They were condescending to patients when they weren't giving clear instructions for him to understand. When a patient walked in late for his appt with a valid excuse they were rude and had to decide if they still wanted him to check in. Once he left they again began talking about him. I felt like the whole waiting room knew every patients business. After waiting 45 mins I was finally seen. When I left I got a receipt and an eye roll. I was so disgusted with the front desk.

October 15th, 2015
Prescribing methadone for pain?!
I am a therapist here in Tucson, and this doctor's name has come up several times from my clients regarding his poor prescribing of meds. Many times he has prescribed young people methadone for pain. Methadone is addictive. Now my clients have to obtain other meds to come off methadone...

September 15th, 2015
Finally met the wizard of Oz and it wasn't what I expected...
I've technically been a patient of Dr. Smith for four years, but didn't ever have an appointment with him until yesterday. I've always met with FNP Ingram, who is a very good practitioner. Even after an idiopathic pulmonary embolism two years ago, he never bothered to see me for follow up care. I only met him yesterday because NP Ingram was out of town. I came to discuss a change in psychiatric medications and requested a referral to a therapist. He told me simply that the drugs I was on were fine, through a massive quantity of xanax at me and gave me two references to therapists who I discovered are no longer in business. Appointment lasted less than five minutes. I think his heart is probably in the right place, just not his head. He was probably busy that day and I get it. But he gave a huge quantity of a highly addictive drug to someone with a propensity towards addiction and failed to provide the one thing that I think would have truly helped. So I guess I'll just try another doctor who actually has the time to sit down and discuss my situation properly. Maybe it's just time for the good doctor to retire.

August 18th, 2014
Dr. Smith was my primary care physician for many years. I have always liked him personally, but lately he seems burned out. It has been my experience he is impatient and no longer cares. For the most part, his office staff is horrible, especially the front desk receptionist. I have now changed primary care physicians and I wish I'd done it long ago.

September 4th, 2013
Best doctor ever!!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Smith's for over to years. His staff is very courteous and the ease of scheduling appointments, even same day or next day appointments is so very convenient. Dr. Smith is one of the few docs left who truly cares for his patients. He is very easy to talk with, has a great bedside manner. His entire staff was ever so kind to me when I became a widow last year. He takes the best care of me. He takes the time to answer all of my questions and listens to my concerns. He also has a great sense of humor and is such a doll.

August 14th, 2013
I have the best MD
Dr. Smith has always taken the time, diagnosed correctly, referred appropriately and followed up as necessary for me. I also think he walks on water although I haven't personally seen it.

July 30th, 2012
love my doctor
Doc.Smith has been my doctor for yrs. He has always done right by me. If I needed surgery he sent me to the right person. He is a good doctor and if he ever retires I don't know what I will do. Thank you Doctor Smith.

September 25th, 2011
Dr Smith was completely caring on our first visit. Not only did he spend time with my son and I first to discuss his case, he then spent time alone with my son. After the experiences we had with several other uncaring and rude drs, Dr Smith not only will follow my sons case but he referred us and will remain on his case to get him through this.

June 21st, 2011
Bad First Impression
Dr Smith is OK, but his office staff, medical assistant, and "site manager" are all grouchy and rude. I had to wait several weeks for blood tests results while he was at a conference. Nobody would return my calls. When I finally saw the doctor his answers to my questions didn't make much sense. I will be seeking a new doctor very soon!