Dr. Robert Belote MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Leesburg, VA

3.8

June 10th, 2011
A Family Doctor
Dr. Belote is a credit to his profession. I recommend him highly, and even though I moved forty minutes away from his office, I will go back there every time. He takes the time to ask questions and talk with me about my health on an overall basis, not just about a specific problem I'm having. I feel that he's very thorough and I feel that he's spent the time to get to know me as a person, not just a manila folder with files in it. I feel like I have a real FAMILY doctor. The only problem I have really is with the office staff. It's not that I don't like them, because I do, but I have been frustrated by times when I've needed to communicate with either the nurse or about getting an RX refilled, and wasn't able to get a response back. I also had one instance when I was in a lot of pain -- unfortunately, they were short staffed that week, and despite a few pretty specific messages and requests I had, I ended up having to go to another physician because I couldn't get an appointment (even when I called back on the day they told me to to get the appointment). Some communication issues aside, I wouldn't switch to another doctor. Just a bit more of a sense of urgency when getting back to patients on urgent requests would make the office perfect.

October 21st, 2010
Great doctor
I'm a middle-aged man who's in reasonably good shape. Previous doctors just did the perfunctory tests and rushed me out the door. Dr. belote took his time with me, ordered tests that were cutting-edge, and was able to detect a potential problem before it progressed.

February 16th, 2009
Can't even get an appointment
I am new to the area, and picked this doctor (through my PPO plan). I called to make an appointment, the assistant said that they don't make physicals as their initial appointments because to many people cancel. I have to be sick to get an initial appointment. That does not make sense. Wouldn't you want to see me initially before I became ill and wouldn't you want to "try out" the doctor with a simple physical before you got ill? Not going to this place. Very rude.