Dr. Robert Belter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Belter?

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Robert Belter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

May 25th, 2015

Dr better is a caring and competent doctor.he is always reading medical articles and attending seminars to stay current.

September 21st, 2013

He does have a good bedside manner, and does take time to explain things. However, I am very disappointed that he continuously insisted my son was "growing along his growth curve" all the while, my son was in the 1 percentile for height and weight. He said that we are not tall people, my husband and I. We are both in the 50% percentile, I'm 5'4" and my husband is 5'10". What bothers me the most is that he never suggested an endocrinology consult. Thank God, I am an RN. Thank God, I took him to an endocrinologist myself and that our insurance lets us do that. The endocrinologist considered him failure to thrive and was concerned. He followed his growth for several months, checked blood tests. Finally, he was concerned enough to do a formal test for growth hormone deficiency. He was diagnosed with having growth hormone deficiency and will be starting growth hormone shots very soon. Dr. Belter missed this one.

February 26th, 2013

Ear infection/ Negligent doctor

Took my son in with ear pain, he gave him some ear drops. The pain continues, took him back 5 days later with ear pain and discharge from ear. Gave him more ear drops. Took him back 5 days later with ear infection, gave him more ear drops. I requested a referral to see E.N.T. He gave my son a double dose of antibiotics, he got better right away. By then my son had permanent scaring in his ear. He is the worst doctor, if it was his son I know he would have given him antibiotics. My son cried himself to sleep for 2 weeks for no reason. This doctor is negligent.

March 22nd, 2011

Put us, the parents in a terrible position for our daughter.

Dr. Belter works at the same practice as our daughters doctor. Our doctor, who we adore was on vacation and this was the second time we have met with Belter. Our baby girl, has had a very long and rough medical history. She had a cold and he said right away it was a virus she had caught from her older brother. He went on to say infections usually start mid cold so we should look out for those. Then, he said being she was a girl and a toddler he wanted to test her for a Urinary tract infection. I asked how this procedure would be done and he said catheter. I asked if this procedure was really needed mostly because this was the first 24 hours she was sick and if the infections start mid cold, "When the immune system is compromised" that this would be premature. He said it was something he wanted done, walked out and sent the nurses in. My husband and I discussed while he was out and decided we were going to say no to the catheter and come back in 24 hours if her fever didn't go away on it's own, as her big brothers did. ( Like the doctor himself said, she had what her brother had). Dr, Belter came back in, with his arms across his chest and was obviously offended we were going against his "orders". We said we would come back in 24 hours if the fever didn't go away. He then told us and I quote," You can choose to leave without having this done but if you do we have the right to ask you to leave this practice as you are going against what I am recommending." I was furious! He was not our daughters doctor! He could not possibly make this call and put our baby girl in this position. But he did =/ We couldn't just leave the practice my daughter has a long list of medical issues and her main doctor has been with her every step of the way. That being said, we were given no choice but to have the procedure because we couldn't just leave their practice. On another note, all tests came back negative....which I knew=/ We went on to talk to the manger the next day to have them send us in writing where it says a doctor can trump the parents say?! She told us there was NOTHING in writing. So we are left to feel it was not only an empty threat...but our daughter had to be pinned down and had a catheter used on her. I would strongly suggest you stay away from this doctor. Not just based on the doctors skills, but based on the fact I never want another parent to be put in a place they feel like they have NO choice, but to go against what they feel is best for their child.

August 19th, 2009

Dr. Belter is great

I almost don't want to rate him, because I don't want anyone else to go to him. He is outstanding when diagnosing a condition. We have had some unusual situations, but he is always correct.Fantastic

November 8th, 2016