Dr. Robert Benigar MD Patient Reviews

• 21 reviews

November 7th, 2016
Saved My Life
After meeting Robert and two days of observation, he fully diagnosed my issues and on the same day I was able to start sleeping nine and ten hours. The main issue was major depressive disorder and anxiety and both were treated with medication and his in house therapist and cognitive behavioral therapy. I have been seeing him since 2010 and am thrilled. His bedside manner and sense of care are complimented by listening and observing. +++ for online tools. He is my hero!

October 31st, 2016
Dr. Rob Benigar
Dr. Rob Benigar is an excellent psychiatrist.

March 3rd, 2016
Excellent would not see anyone else!!!

January 23rd, 2016
This doctor literally saved my life, twice in 5 years. He is very compassionate, knowledgeable and respectful. Handles hospital and office situations quite professionally and is not dismissive at all. Hard to get into because he is so busy, but well worth the wait!

January 4th, 2016
He is soft spoken, a good listener, and asks relevant questions regarding your mental health.

September 30th, 2015
Disappointed
Difficult to work with the office staff, and he does not seem to remember or review history before you come back.

September 10th, 2015
Dr. Benigar, is very polite and courteous physician. He is easy to understand me.
If he did therapy sessions then this would be ideal.

September 4th, 2015
Best doctor i have ever had. Believes in medicine.

June 11th, 2015
Dr Benigar is a good doctor
Dr. Benigar has been a great doctor for me and I am appreciative for his professional yet personable demeanor. He helped me through some rough spots and has worked with me to find the right bablance of medications for my bipolar disorder and depression. However, and this is not the bipolar talking here, some of the staff has the bedside manner of Farrah Fawcett in 'The Burning Bed'. Read the other reviews here and take note. The outgoing message on the nurses voicemail basically says it all. After two and a half minutes of hearing a recording stating what they aren't going to do for you, you are left to wonder whether or not you should bother leaving a message. The recording could be shortned to simply say, "This is not the number to call about medicine, appointments, anything to do with your mental condition at the moment, or anything that will require me to do anything about your mental condition now or ever because I just work here." If you weren't depressed before calling that number, you will be afterwards. Hopefully you can get in to see Dr. Benigar shortly after enduring his staffs antics.

July 15th, 2014
Dr. Benigar is Great
I am really impressed with him. He DOES listen and acts accordingly. He did not hesitate to switch my antidepressant, that was taking me to a much darker place, to one that has changed my life. I am more motivated, etc. He is helping me with anxiety (grief attacks I call them) and my sleep disorders as well. I especially like that I can look at the office progress notes, make refill requests, etc. online. I couldn't be more pleased. He basically has saved my life.

May 20th, 2014
He just goes through the motions. No insight or care.

April 28th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Bennigar is very patient and kind. He listens and is empathetic and supportive. He doesn't treat you like you are different or less than like some doctors do. He has never been arrogant or condescending as I have experienced with other doctors. I read a few of the previous reviews on here and I think that the negative reviews are not true. I think Dr. Benigar may have some BOUNDARIES, but that does not mean he is cold or detached. I understand that doctors these days deal with alot of lawsuits and they have to be extra careful these days. I prefer a male doctor with boundaries rather than one that is inappropriate. To me he keeps his professional boundaries without becoming burnt out and careless. He is a great doctor to me. I just wish that some of the administrative staff in his office were a little kinder. After all, they ARE working in the mental health field where I think kindness and compassion should be a required skill for them. Oh well, nothing is perfect, but we are reviewing the doctor right? Not the staff. There are jerks everywhere you go, you just have to overlook it and relax. maybe they need some kindness in their life.