Dr. Robert Benson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 23rd, 2016
Great Doctor, Bring a Book
Great doctor with a great new staff. However, slower than a glacier. You could wait up to 3-4 hours for a checkup. When you do finally see him, he is a GREAT DR. He is very smart with diagnosis and has amazing bedside manner. He takes as much time as needed with you (which is what you are truly there for anyways, right) and gives you ample opportunity to get your needs addresses. If you want a quick in and out, pass this office. If you want a thorough and honest dr. with your best interest in mind, bring a good book!!

May 6th, 2015
CARING DOCTOR
I know the wait time is "crappy", but it's worth it to me. I work in the medical field and see how so many doctors rush their patients and do not really listen to their concerns. Dr. Benson has always listened to me and genuinely seems to care. He actually remembers issues with my personal life and will ask me if things are better - even if it is a year later! He's concerned with my physical AND mental well-being. I have been a patient since 1989 and as long as he is in practice I will continue to see him. The good outweighs the bad for me.

October 11th, 2011
Horrible Customer Service!
The staff at this doctor's office is absolutely the most rude group of people I've ever had to encounter. Dr. Benson should be ashamed to employ these people. I've never had a wait in this office less than 45 minutes. Any medical questions I've asked have been met with an unknowing answer. After having repeated encounters with a certain nurse, I wrote a letter to Dr. and Mrs. Benson to which they replied that they understand if I need to go elsewhere. Basically they put on a nice front and then they don't really care how you're treated. If you want to wait hours on end for treatment that is sub-par this is the doctor for you!

July 10th, 2011
Waited 3 1/2 hours before being seen for preliminary work. Patients are randomly selected to go back. Some who came in long after me went sent on back before me. There was no consistency. Other patients have complained about this. Dr. Benson is wonderful. The staff is "not so much."

July 2nd, 2011
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Benson is one of the most kind and caring doctors I've ever been to. He is extremely patient when listening to me explaining my problems and seems genuinely concerned about them. I like that he gives great advice when it comes to solving my health issues. Not only will he prescribe me medicine to help, but he also will give me advice about alternative treatments. He is also very thorough when explaining the medication he gives his patients. Before your appointment is over he'll had you your prescriptions one by one & tell you what they are for & how you should take them. I've never had another doctor do that; usually I get handed some papers for prescriptions I'm totally clueless about. I would recommend Dr. Benson to anyone!

March 26th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Benson since I was a kid. I have had nothing but the best medical care from him.

September 24th, 2010
Don't go here!!!
The staff is rude, the wait time is horrible, and there is no order in this place.

February 15th, 2010
not impressed
He is nice enough but missed my problem..went on to specialist and ended up with heart surgary the next week!