Dr. Robert Berens MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 23rd, 2016
My appointments with Dr Berens reversed an untenable pain that gripped my body by discussing procedures with me and a persistent will to make the time useful. His staff was always alert, insightful and polite.

November 11th, 2015
Waiting and Information
First visit after a 60 mile drive to his office - waited 1 hour to see the doctor. Second visit after a 60 mile drive to his office - waited 1 and 1/2 hours to see him. Was not informed before scheduling that planned procedure was only a TEMPORARY solution. You be the judge..

June 19th, 2014
Great dr, environment not so much
Dr Berens knows his stuff. I am grateful he was able to see me for pain management. The maze you have to go through at a closed hospital (spooky?) is worth it, and waiting to see him is as well. he is smart, knows how to do his job and very down-to-earth.

September 21st, 2012
NO bedside manner whatsoever!!!
Dr. Berens has to be one of the cockiest, arrogant doctors I have ever seen. He tends to make up his mind about you as a person before even finding out what your condition is and why you are seeing him. He makes obnoxious remarks thinking he is funny, but I assure you, he is not. He has absolutely no bedside manner at all!! If I had only seen him one time, I would have thought that maybe he was just having an "off" day, but I saw him several times unfortunately, and my opinion of him did not change. Neither did his distasteful personality! If you have the choice to consult with a different doctor, then I highly recommend seeing someone else that has a little more personality, care and concern. Just my opinion, I realize...but sadly that was my experience with him. His staff was really nice and caring...once he got rid of the obnoxious girl who scheduled appointments. The lady that took over for the girl was really nice. The nurses and assistants were all extremely kind and helpful as well. It was just the doctor that I did NOT care for...I guess he slept through the "Bedside manner" classes in med school.

May 7th, 2012
Superb Physician
A superb physician and he has wonderful staff that work with him. He very knowledgeable and understanding.He has a great bedside manner.

August 16th, 2011
Superb!!
A great medical office... One of the best I have seen. Dr. Berens is easy to talk with and is very thorough. He made my visit very easy and comfortable. He has relieved almost all of my pain, after a year of seeing other doctors.

March 28th, 2011
Excellent and caring. He is very knowledgable and has helped me achieve relief for my pain, when other doctors had nothing to offer.

March 25th, 2011
unhappy
I called 3 weeks ago but had to leave a message (with my name, phone and referring doctor), although I called during normal work hours. I am sill aitin for a return call

November 10th, 2010
Superb physician, caring, and very skilled in his specialty. He has essentially taken away all of my pain with his techniques.

August 2nd, 2009
VERY REMOVED AND NOT EASY TO CONTACT HAVE BEEN TO HIS OFFICE FOUR TIMES FOLLOW UPS VERY HARD TO GET WITH LONG WAIT. NOT MUCH PERSONAL COMMUNICATION. STAFF DO ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND RELAY OF MESSAGES WHICH IS VERY SLOW.