Overall Review

May 18th, 2016
Traumatized
Most traumatic experience I have ever had! I am a Family Advanced Practice Nurse and was appalled by the way I was treated. I lost a pregnancy at 21 weeks. My ob would not perform a D+E since I was far along. I was referred directly to berg. That first encounter he was babbling about how he didn't know if he had time to do my procedure but that he wanted to because it's good money. I should have ran from his office at that point. I was so vulnerable since I just found out that day that my baby had no heartbeat that I couldn't think clearly. He didn't even do an ultrasound to check if the fetus was alive or dead ( he just took my word for it). He did not show any compassion or acknowledgement for my loss. It was just a business meeting to him. I was told to come back the next day... When I arrived, the nurse asked me if I took any pain medication. I did not since no one advised me to do so. She said " you might have to hold on to the side of the table". BErg came in and proceeded to insert 6 wooden sticks into my cervix ( that expand overnight to dilate the cervix). The pain was beyond excruciating. I was shaking, and practically fainted from the pain. It was Inhumane and should be illegal- from my perspective it was torture and abuse. Just to give you perspective- I had labored and delivered 3 babies vaginally before this experience. This was worse than any of my 3 labor and vaginal deliveries. I felt mutilated by this office procedure. I would definitely advise anyone that has to have a late abortion to not use berg and to make sure you are given real pain medication prior to this barbaric procedure.

January 5th, 2016
Avoid.
He was the obgyn attending the night I was in the ER. He never came to see me in person, I never spoke to him during my stay. He discharged me when I was still in extreme pain and could barely walk. They did not give me any pain medication. I was told to call his office if the pain was extreme and I could not get through to him. I was unable to speak to him or any other doctor in his office for 1 week. When I tried to make a follow up appointment as I was told to by him, I could not get an appointment for two weeks. He said he could not pull up my records from the hospital so I came to his office and he had not reviewed anything and could not review anything! He kept telling me that my condition was very common among women and then also implied that the diagnosis was what is given when doctors don't know what is wrong! Needless to say I left that appointment terrified that he had no idea what had happened and had not been able to review my chart! He sent me to get another sonogram then I was unable to get a followup appointment or to speak to him regarding the results. I requested my records later that month so I could take them to another doctor for another opinion and his receptionist told me she could not access my records! I send record release forms I called multiple times, I made requests through the Langone MyChart, I send him messages through there. I emailed his office. And no response. Now, 7 months later I was re-hospitalized for the same issue and I am still fighting to get my records from his office. I called his office and the receptionist said I would need to talk to him and that he would call me today. He, of course has not called. I need these records in order for my current doctor to properly diagnose and treat me. This doctor and his office is making it impossible for my health to be treated. This doctor is negligent and should be avoided at all costs.

September 16th, 2014
Don't go to this practice
if you like waiting, being harassed and a doctor that thinks he is a comedian instead of a medical professional, then you should chose this practice. if you want attention, compassion, efficiency and professionalism, go someplace else.

February 5th, 2013
Be prepared to wait 1-2 hours to be seen... the entire room is kept waiting for at least an hour.

October 1st, 2012
highly recommend Dr. Berg
I first met Dr berg in the ER. I had an eptopic pregnancy and he was the surgeon who saw me through this unfortunate event. He was super supportive and extremely knowledgable. If god forbid I ever have to go through anything like this again I would without a doubt call him.

July 17th, 2012
MyR doctor for almost a decade.
Dr. Berg has been my doctor for a little over 8 years. He has performed surgery on me to remove a very large dermoid cyst that was strangling my ovary and delivered my daughter a little over a year ago. I was fortunate to have found Dr. Berg as a result of a referral to his associate Dr. Villanueva. Dr. Berg is a wonderful doctor with personality, wit and a man of character who stands for what he believes in. His office staff is friendly and professional. There has never been a time when I have called to make an appointment that the staff answering has not asked about my child or my parents. The staff and Dr. Berg become like family. He and his staff are welcoming to children and on any given day Dr. Berg can be seen carrying around a child that he has delivered. Going to Dr. Berg is no easy task as it often entails a significant amount of travel time due to the constant construction on the BQE (as I travel from Staten Island) but I will continue to do so for as long as Dr. Berg is in practice. I would refer him to anyone in need of a good gynecologist.

April 26th, 2012
Poor Postpartum Care - Major Complications
There are not enough words or even the right ones to describe my own experience. I had to let almost 10 months go by before I was able to really write this. Dr. Berg is very unconventional, which I was fine with really. Although it wasn's a warm and fuzzy feeling and you can definitely feel that your experience is nothing new for him, I was ok with it since it prevented me from unnecessary worry as this was my first child. Everything changed after I gave birth. The delivery was fine - vaginal, normal, no drama or issues. The baby was healthy thank God but I did not deliver my placenta normally. I was in a rather stressful procedure for almost 2 hours - where he and another doctor tried to remove the pieces as best as they could. My issue is not with the fact that this happened to me - that is outside of anyone's control. My issue is with how my postpartum care was handled. One other thing to note - he is very prone to attention getting antics. He brought my daughter out to my family since my afterbirth procedure was taking so long. He almost gave my grandparents a heart attack and some of the younger men in my family had the urge to physically harm him. He was holding her like a football, playing with her, twisting upside down and around etc. - not a comfortable scene for parent, grandparents etc. Moving on - I was monitored closely that night, then allowed to leave 48 hours after birth with no plan on checking up on me. I developed a fever 4 days postpartum - in total - I called his practice 3 times and spoke with a combination of him and his partner about my symptoms. Symptoms mainly included a steady fever and heavy bleeding. Again this was my first child so I didn't know what was normal. I was breastfeeding for the first time - milk can cause fever was what I was told. Since my fever was not over 101.4 (just 101) and my stomach area didn't hurt - I was led to believe this was all normal. Given that he knew my complications, and being a professional, in hindsight he should have had me come right in just to be sure. Although - I am not sure what he could have done since there is no ultrasound machine at his office that I know of. The bottom line is I lived with a terrible fever for 5 days - barely surviving on Advil - just trying to get by and do the best I could with a newborn. He finally told me to come in if the fever persisted - I had an appointment to come in - he cancelled due to surgery and I didn't want to see a non-doctor. I ended up checking myself into the ER - good thing I did since I almost bleed to death during this whole thing. I had a terrible infection due to retained placenta. The infection then traveled to my bloodstream which escalated the situation considerably. I do not want to relive all those details but let's just say after 8 days of not being able to see my daughter, 3 blood transfusions, a DNC procedure, and being poked and produded literally 100 times - I would not recommend Dr. Berg. I asked him to contact me several times - via the front desk and his partner - he never did. I did however receive a bill in the mail. Go figure!

October 20th, 2011
Do not use this doctor
The only way I can describe Dr. Berg is "rough"... he's rough physically and rough emotionally - who wants that in an OB? Worst experience I have ever had in my life seeing Dr. Berg and it still haunts me 5 months later.

July 14th, 2011
Loved him!
Dr. Berg was amazing! He was witty and made me feel completely comfortable. he answered all my questions and made me feel at ease!

June 24th, 2011
Overall good
It was easy to get an appointment with Dr. Berg. There was a moderate wait, but I was still in and out in about an hour. He was pleasant as was the rest of the staff. I just had a yearly check-up, but I'd recommend him.

August 17th, 2010
My first pregnancy
As I approach the three weeks until my due date I realize how lucky my husband are to be under the care of Dr Berg. I needed to find a OB when I got pregnant. My GYN does not depivery. That was a scary time given how sick I was. We met Dr Berg after he had an emergency at the Hospital for one of his patients. He was running one hr behind( the risk when patients deliver any moment). It was my first visit & he did not rush me , in fact I felt he went above & beyond. He treated us as if there was no one in his office & did a very thorough first examination.Over the next few months, thankfully I only ran into a few concerns. He called me back right away & if neede fit me in to his office. I never had a issue making a appointment that worked for me & his office staff & nurses are wonderful.I have placed my trust into this doctor to take care of me & my unborn baby & have no concerns regarding the care I will be getting when I deliver. He continues to make me feel assured & at the same time does not dismiss any of my questions. We are very happy.

August 6th, 2010
just annual visit
very pleasant experience all around