A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Bhisitkul:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Bhisitkul is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Bhisitkul, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Bhisitkul graduated from Stanford University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Bhisitkul has 6 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bhisitkul accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans