Dr. Robert Bigler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 4th, 2016
Ms
Thank goodness I thought I was the only one feeling as if I was always being treated rudely, no matter how much kindness I tried to give w the pain I came n w, even w having shingles still blistering on my bra line, but like I wasn't going to go n public w/o, my family Dr had called n to let them know of the change as I didn't make it n the wk b4 being this was the worst break out he had ever seen and they had moved up to my face, yes my script was increased but not more than I had taken a yr b4 I still was taken less, of course I didn't see the Dr like he had promised when he got me n the door and even though he was nice to me and said my back and legs would be taken care of and to always schedule w him, it was like u were getting laughed at each time,and that NP so cold hearted wrote a script for bp meds do to my family Dr who called n about the shingles till I could drive, I brought my bottle n and she counted the pills out til the end of the next week but now n my charts I have opiate w/draws & the shingle vicious info, but she liked to think she would have me suffer sry I didn't I just took less each day, and to dismiss me after I went on my own and had my own & walked in orthopedics for my last leg surgery being driving to Unity, saying my name they give me some w the same names script 2 times!! Both times I returned it, the last time I used the restrm n the nice new office YUCK a young man was working hardly anyone was around 3 on us "pain ppl" had to use the restrm I went last thanks to the 2 I let go ahead for leaving urine everywhere but inside the stool, I saw gloves and and cleaner as the younger man doing the drug screen couldnt find a ink pin at the desk he was sitting at (felt bad for him like not 1 lady could stop telling about their funny night to help him) long to short 1 brought my cup out w the napkin around it and it was the clear colored see threw one, set it on the corner of the desk from the 2 that went b4 me one which was very dark, hello Nov 2015 urine mix may have been greatly happenin at this time, why don't they do they spit test n this office after the day I had there, I wasn't to sad to get a call "we can't see you in our office but when I asked if I could have my 3 reasons they hung up" I didn't mean it rudely just know I was handed a script that wasn't mine twice, and then that 1 day he couldn't find a pend w 3 urine cups, did the correct stickers get on the cups? I was happy when their office moveD to what I hoped bigger & better, but it just made rm for messier and moodier rate staff out on a scale of 1-10 6 they seem like they need to hire a few more to help bring less stress and smiles back..

August 8th, 2016
Office Functions Above Others
If you're on this website reading reviews it's because you have learned by now it's the #1 place to find out about a doctor ahead of time. The short reviews are fake. Before going to my 1st ever visit to Dr. Bigler I of course read the reviews from here. Based on the reviews I was expecting his staff to not be all that friendly, and maybe treating me a little different since I was coming in as a chronic pain patient. However, it was nothing like that. The 1st lady had me confused with someone else appointment but soon found my account. After that it got better and better. After spending a 1/2 hour with a tech that took my vitals and speaking with a nurse practitioner, two additional girls came in my room and introduced themselves. Then Dr. Bigler came and checked on my well being plus asking if I had any questions ect. Leaving the room I was shown all the area's in the office and introduced to two more in the staff. I was actually blown away at how I was treated and taken care of by everyone. I'm sure some may read this and think otherwise, but I can assure you if this place was a joke in anyway, I would be the one to say so. I went to 3 other pain specialist in Lafayette prior to Dr. Bigler and they were completely different from my experience. If there was some kind of issue in the past at Dr. Bigler's office, it definitely no longer exist. The other offices need to come take some notes.

August 6th, 2016
Love this doctor, I would refer everybody I know to him, really listens and cares about what you think about what's best for youself.

May 26th, 2016
Finally a Dr who genuinely cares and doesn't just come in, write a script, and leaves the room! Dr Bigler is by far the most amazing Dr I have ever been to and I've been to many as I have been transferred for work a lot! Can't say enough about him!

August 7th, 2015
Dr, Bigler is a very friendly and conscientious doctor

May 26th, 2015
Too many patients
Dr Bigler is a good and kind Dr. His staff however sucks! The prescription nurse will make thou feel like you are a drug seeker! I ran out of a med a day early from a 90 day script, I called to get it a DAY early. I was met with no you ran out early 2 yrs ago, I have to keep you on schedule! REALLY?? I am 62 yrs old, been going to him for 15 yrs and 1 day 2 yrs ago and now makes me a drug seeking?? I am on a patch for 60 hrs...try keep that straight for 90 days ! Next try to get an appt with him, you will be waiting for 4 months, you get the NP. IF you get anyone. I called last week, to speak to a nurse and am STILL waiting for a call back, I was told on Friday I was on list, after 3 days of waiting, and there were 63 ahead of me!! Maybe he has too many patients!!!!!! After 15 years, I am going looking for a new Dr.

March 22nd, 2015
Compassion? Dignity??
Unfortunately, I did not get to see Dr. Bigler. I didn't make it past the scheduling person who was so rude I did not proceed. I was treated without compassion and without dignity. I was made to feel like I was being checked into rehab instead of trying to get appropriate pain management for permanent chronic conditions to help restore some function and so that I can have some kind of life in my twilight years. I would still very much like to see Dr. Bigler but I am not able to deal with the kind of personality that I encountered when trying to arrange an appointment.

March 15th, 2015
Nurse Kendra
The nurse kendra that works at the prescription desk is pretty awful and rude. My doctor had changed my medication and instead of her calling to tell me about it, I had called to get an appointment reminder and was told about the medication change! Yet she made me wait a week to get the script for it and made me feel like I was a pill seeker!!! I didn't even ask for it to be changed, I have MS and had called and told them that lately my medicine seemed to wear off after about 4 hours. I was thinking he may tell me to take my medicine more frequently instead he raised the dosage and said to take it every 4 hours. She made me feel horrible about it almost to the point that i almost didn't even get it filled. I was second guessing myself, which made me feel even more like crap because I have a disease and I don't know from hour to hour how I'm going to feel let alone day by day.. She is so rude and hateful I even considered changing doctors, which would've been sad because I think dr Bigler is awesome! He told me he would take care of me and make sure I wasn't in pain and so far he has done a pretty good job!! My advice is if she answers the phone, ask to speak with someone else because she will have you feeling horrible about yourself by the end of your conversation! People like her should not work in pain management offices, let alone work in a place where she has to deal with people because she is a very ride, hateful, and bitter woman!!!

February 26th, 2015
Dr Bigler is very compassionate and understanding. You may wait 45 min to an hour to see him, but he will take that time to have communication with each patient. Dr Bigler has changed my life and I am very thankful for his office. His nurse, Rhonda is amazing and compassionate as well. The entire staff treats me with kind gloves.

September 23rd, 2013
DR. Bigler is a good doc. He's done more for me than anybody. He makes it short and sweet. but he knows what he's doing. but the unity pain care is not so sweet. they are taking me to court over $500 when I lost my job and maybe my home. my ins. paided them over $2000 and they still want more . hope they sleep well at night

April 18th, 2013
do not choose Bigler
I don't know how he any patients at all. I knew at my first appointment with him that he is rude, does not listen, cut me off and was essentially uninterested and not at all compassionate. At my second appointment I met with his nurse, who listened but seemed uninterested. Also, Dr. Bigler double booked all of his patients that day, which caused there to be no seats available in the waiting room, no parking available, and over a two hour wait. Ridiculous. If I could give him a negative star rating that is what I would do. When it comes to patients pain he does not really care. Please know that I am writing this while still in pain and am very frustrated with him and his office. If you choose Dr. Bigler you will find out the hard way just how bad he is.