Orthopaedic Surgeon

207 Sparks Ave
Ste 300
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
812-283-2002
Locations and availability (2)

|  So glad I found him  |  show details
by Michael McCord on Jan 23rd, 2014

I was evaluated at a large spine practice in Louisville whom wanted to put screws in my back. The doctor was in and out of the room in under a minute!!! I was totally confused and did not fell comfortable. My neighbor told me to see Dr. Blok. He spent time explaining my mri and used models to explain what I had and how he could fix it. With out screws!!!!!! I feel so much better.

|  out of pain  |  show details
by Tony on Dec 10th, 2013

I was unable to work secondary to my back pain. I am now pain free after having surgery and back to work in two weeks. I am a bussiness owner and do not generate income if I am not in the office. I am gratefull!!!!!!! I enjoy my work and unlike most people wanted to go back.

|  his nurse practitioner is a jerk  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

The office either doesn't know how to maneuver workman's comp paper work, they are too lazy to do so, or they are in their pocket. The nurse practitioner is rude and unsympathetic to real pain and unwilling to give helpful information.

|  Back pain  |  show details
by Amy on Oct 3rd, 2013

Finally someone who would listen to me!!!!!!!!

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Jo Ann on Sep 24th, 2013

He did not perform surgery on me but diagnose me with a muscle disorder. Another dr wanted to rod my back. I am so happy Ifound him

|  Top notch Doc in our backyard  |  show details
by Lenwood on Aug 15th, 2013

I was very impressed with Dr. Blok. He spent time explaining my problem and treatment options. I elected for surgery and he was able to remove my herniation via a small incision. Has no idea he was here and offered this procedure. My barber recommended him and I am glad.

|  Surgery  |  show details
by Mike Gercheck on Jul 18th, 2013

I am glad I found him!! My sciatica nerve was hurting me. He did a surgery with a small incision and NO PAIN!!! Wish I would of found him sooner. I was in pain for 6 monthes and my doctor just put me on pain medication.

|  back pain no more  |  show details
by James on Jun 10th, 2013

He took his time to show me what was wrong on the mri films. He used models to show me what the mri was of and to explain the surgery. First physician in a while to actual do a physical exam and lay his hands on me. Impressed.

|  Top spine surgeon  |  show details
by Mike on Mar 27th, 2013

He was very grounded And straight forward. He showed me on the computer where my germination was located Nd used models to show how he was going to remove it. Back to work in 2 week.

|  He is the most carring doctor I have every had  |  show details
by Mark on Jan 17th, 2013

I had the misfortune of being treated by several other spine doctors and wish I would of found Dr. Blok before I had a large open surgery. I never got the impression that he wanted to "empty my wallet". He fortunately did not have to perfrom surgery and was able to refer me for a special pain injection. He was very humble and did not appear to be cut happy like a lot of surgeons.

|  wrong diagnoses  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

I have never been more happy with a doctor.

|  took away my pain  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

Dr. Blok used a scope to fix my back!!! Back to work!!!

|  Agree with wrong diagnosis  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I started seeing Dr. Blok in July for neck pain,which he even said was calcified herniated discs against my spinal cord and arthritis.He sent me twice to have injections in my neck,and when that failed,he claimed it should have taken care of my problem,and sent me to have an EMG done,which PROVED the issue was nerve root related in my neck,it also showed a mild compression to the inside of my elbow,which Dr. Hasnain said was of no consequence. At my next appointment with doc blok,he walked into the room with his copy of the EMG report claiming there is nothing wrong with my neck,but rather my LEBOW was causing my neck pain and keeping my from turning my head and referred my to Klienert and Kutz who quickly referred me to Leatherman spine center because in their words,I have the worst neck they have seen on YEARS,and never under anyone under 70.... don't go to doc blok all he will do is relieve your wallet!

|  Wrong Diagnosis  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2012

I wish I was one of the people who Dr Blok helped. He told me after being put in the hospital and looking at my MRI that I had a buldge in my disc. Last week I went to another doctor with the same MRI from a year ago and I dont have a buldge, I have a herniated disc. Dr blok just put me on pain meds and sent me on my way. For a year I have suffered thinking my disc was buldging when in reality it needed surgery. At this point, I cant feel my toes, my ankle or my right leg and will probably have severe nerve damage at this point. I am having surgery this month because I finally found a doctor that knows what he is doing.

|  Michael  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Totally impressed. He explained my problem, fixed it, and back to work.

|  No pain and back to work  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

Dr. Blok made a tiny incision and removed my bad disk. I am back to work and have no pain!!!!!!!!!!!

|  James  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2011

he took my pain away and I was able to return to my job!!!!andProvide for my family

|  fixed my back and leg  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

I no longer have pain!!!!!!!Thank you

|  took away my pain  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

He made a small incision and took out the bad disk with a lazer. I went back to work in just a couply of weeks

|  Delmer  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Dr. Blok is the first patient to actually place his hands on my back where it hurt and show me my mri pictures. He fixed my back with a tiny incision!!!!!!!!!!

|  small incision and no pain  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

Dr. Blok was able to fix my disc using an incision the SIZE OF A STRAW!!!!!!!! I have no pain and returned to work the next week.

|  Exceptional Care  |  show details
by Mark on Feb 9th, 2011

Dr. Blok actually took the time to show me my mri films and used a spine model to allow me to finally understand why my back was making my leg hurt. The staff are all friendly and kind as well.

|  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

One of the nicest, caring & professional doctors I have ever dealt with. He diagnosed my problems correctly after I had seen 2 other doctors with no relief. I thought I would have to spend the rest of my life in pain but he rid me of that notion immediately. I would highly recommend him to anyone with back problems.

|  Pain Free and happy  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2010

Dr Blok is an amazing physician and surgeon! His minimally invasive procedure's get you back to work quickly!He is so kind and caring, and his staff are awesome, they truely care about their patient's.

|  Dr Blok saved my life  |  show details
by Travis on Jul 15th, 2010

I could no longer tolerate my pain and was in a bad way. He fused my back and took away my pain.

|  No pain now  |  show details
by John on Jun 14th, 2010

Dr Blok fixed my back using minimally invasive technology. I have my life back!!!!

|  Former Patient  |  show details
May 16th, 2009

Dr. Blok did my surgery in Charlestown and was the only surgeon who said they could fix my Lumbar with out a rod so I said go for it. He did it, I went into outpatient and same day I was in Jay C store riding on motorized scooter. I wanted to return to work ASAP but he made me take it easy for at least 6 weeks. He took the lumbar pain away, he was fantastic. Now I need to do my cervical but I have to stop smoking first and get the right insurance. I can now mow grass, go to the zoo with my family, go shoppping with my wife and children, enjoy life without lumbar pain. Next it will be without cervical pain as soon as I am ready I hope he will be ready and willing.