Dr. Robert Boolbol MD Patient Reviews

January 20th, 2017
Great experience
I've only been going there for 3 months and I see Kim one of the aprns and she is great you can tell she cares unlike some of the other doctors who would give me pills and that's it no treatments nothing the office staff is very nice my wait time has always been no more than 15 minutes. Highly recommend them

January 19th, 2017
Worse than simply leading a life of suffering in pain.
Does not treat patients humanely or according to pain needs but rather by what will keep him under the gov. radar for overprescribing. Relies on 3 APRN's to hustle an overwhelming # of patients through - Kim seems more interested in my outfits or cute shoes than remembering to sign the scripts, Mary Ellen is caring but always sends me home with a fistful of scripts, Kate is genuine and kind but is uninformed about pain management. Requires frequent drug checks but demands patients use their in office lab which costs upwards of 300$ and is not covered by most insurances. Double bills. Rude office staff. Phone calls only go to a frustrating voice mail. I was a pain patient of Dr. Brodey's for 7 years for a faulty medical device that was implanted - I have been on the same dose and meds for 7 years until he retired and Dr. Boolbol took over for him. My first visit he halved both of my prescriptions and said he was doing it because the government recommended it; not because he didn't think I needed it. He may be a savior for someone with temporary pain or a specific, treatable ailment but for those of us with long term pain management needs, he just isn't the doctor.

January 19th, 2017
Avoid at all costs
Arrogant, pill pusher who relies on a staff of 3 condescending, unintelligent APRN's to handle a ridiculous case load of patients. Unreasonable amount of test, an inability to be reached by phone and a rude staff round out a most dismal experience. In his own words he cares little for your comfort or pain level and most about staying off the government's radar. Google him - it's worth looking into.

September 21st, 2016
Offensive and Terrible
Not sure what was more offensive, his frequent use of foul language, or his complete disregard for my pain. He was very open about his approach to pain management; he told me many times that his treatment was not guided by my level of pain but rather entirely by what would keep him well off the government's radar. His office staff is rude, treats patients as an inconvenience and are unreachable by phone. When scheduling your next appointment they never ask what time works for you, they just hand you a card with a time/date. Want to call to let the office know you'll be a few minutes late? The best you can do is leave a message. And should you show up to an appointment 15 minutes late, they will refuse to see you. , Even if you left a message, and even though on a good day you'll wait over to an hour to see them they'll make you come back another day. I'd rather suffer daily pain than be subjected to the poor treatment at this office.

August 30th, 2016
The Dr and staff are incredibly understanding, compassionate and I feel they really listen to my pain problems and don't think I'm crazy or making it up. (Like other offices I been too) They understand that I have chronic pain which may never go away and I feel so much better just having them talk to me about and suggesting options. They are so helpful.

May 27th, 2016
Disappointed!
My experience with Dr.Bobool and his staff was very disappointing. The lack of maturity was evident in his behavior although he appeared to be oblivious to how he was perceived by patients. Perhaps I may be over-reacting but bopping around snapping his fingers to 50's music on the sound system struck me as a cover-up for his lack of competency and disregard for patient diagnosis. The staff displayed blatant rudeness to every aspect of their job and their attitude was inappropriate for dealing with patient needs. Responses to questions contained a lack of respect and haughty rudeness.

March 2nd, 2016
Advise: label your own urine, question your diagnosis & what was taken into account to make those diagnoses, be prepared for the cocky indignant demeanor. No narcs for life, no shots for life, no Bolbool anymore. Interesting: Top Docs!

November 11th, 2015
A knowledgeable, caring but busy doctor
Dr boolbol was amazing. He was the only Dr that believed in me and my symptoms. I have lyme disease and am young and other Drs looked at me like I was drug seeking when all I really wanted was relief to live a normal life before all of this happened to me. Most importantly he helped guide me through the medication and weaning me off when I found out I was pregnant and didn't want to harm my child by taking the medication. He made me feel very comfortable taking the medication and not feeling guilty about needing it. In all honesty, the office is insane busy and all of the Drs are trying to help as many patients as they can which leads to the long wait times. It can be frustrating, but it's worth it in the long run. I moved and wish I didn't have to change Drs. I meet with a new pain management Dr today and am terrified because he isn't Dr Boolbol who I am comfortable with. I'd recommend him to anyone!

July 10th, 2015
Excellent Pain Management Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Boolbol monthly for close to 10 years now after my prior doctors just kept loading me up on pain pills for severe low back and sciatic pain in my leg. After meeting Dr. Boolbol, he recommended a couple of procedures which I went through with. The sciatic pain is completely gone (with epidurals once or twice a year) and my low back pain is much better. I do still take some pain medication orally, but am down to 1/4 of what my old doctors were prescribing. Staff is efficient and organized. My wait time is about 15 minutes except for a few rare occasions where the office is exceedingly busy and I've waited over 30 minutes (this is rare and I would rather have a "popular" doctor than one with no patients). He does random quarterly drug testing with all patients so if you are looking for a "drug pusher" this is NOT the office for you. Thanks Dr. Boolbol!

May 8th, 2015
Boolbo is rude and doesn't care what the patient has to say about there health issues. He has no clue what my health conditions are and he is only concern what the DEA may think about him and DEA will only allow him to prescribe 3 tables of 30 mg of oxycodon per day. He thinks his a Doctor?

April 20th, 2015
Very professional; great bedside manner.

April 3rd, 2015
Dr. Boolbol
I started seeing Dr. Boolbol over a year ago. I was in a car accident in 2008 and have spinal injuries. I have seen other doctors in the past who couldn't help my pain. This guy is a genius. He was able to properly diagnose and treat. He takes his time to talk and listen to you. He puts you at ease during procedures. I haven't felt this good in a very long time!!! I would recommend him and his PA MaryAnn to EVERYONE! Thank you Dr. B...you are a lifesaver!