Pediatricians

Pediatric Care Associates
1473 Commerce Dr
Algonquin, IL 60102
847-884-7710
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Don't take you kids here  |  show details
by Rocketmail on Apr 15th, 2013

This is for the Algonquin office. Or what they consider the 'red-headed step child' office. You are not allowed to call the Algonquin office (no number listed)- you can't schedule an appointment at that office. You can't schedule an appointment more than 30 days ahead so you have to remember to call and schedule within 30 days, which is a real pain when you have a newborn and they go every month. They also don't tell you when something isn't covered by your insurance they just do the procedure and then your stuck paying. The toys in the waiting room are dirty and broken. Dr Boton has the personality of a side of beef. My 18-month old kept saying 'Hi' him and he never once acknowledge him. Very strange man especially for a Pediatrician. We like Dr Mirchandani but she only went to the Algonquin office on Fridays. Seems like they opened that office just to make some money but really could care less about the patients. That became clear when they said they will NOT be affliated with the new Sherman hospital even though it's 2 miles away. There are so many better and easier to deal with offices in the area that I wish I switched a while ago.

|  Lack of Field experience  |  show details
by Vital Guest on Feb 12th, 2013

The Pediatric care associates are full of inexperienced doctors. I would rather called them fresh graduates who lack field experience. My son had acute stomach pain and I took him to “Pediatric Care Associates” where they diagnosed him suffering from stomach virus. My son lived with acute pain for continuous 4-days. I visited their office everyday and asked Is it something else besides stomach virus? I forced Dr. Preeti/Boton to have stomach x-ray but they failed to diagnose anything. Finally I took him to ER where they diagnosed him with raptured appendicitis within 5 minutes. Please beaware of them for your kids health.

|  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

dr Boton diagnosed my child with astma after 5 minutes of listening to him. He was going to put my 3 year old on steroids that he would have to take 3 times a day. I went for a second opinion not wanting to start such a serious medication at such an early age. Turns out it was allergies! My son now is 5 and has no sign of astma ! I would never recommend him or his staff to anyone I know!