Surgical Specialist
Video profile

|  Retired Navy Seal  |  show details
by M on Jun 9th, 2014

After years of suffering with a broken neck and back, and not having surgery being told I only had a 30% chance of walking again if I had surgery. A friend of mine from NASA recommended Dr. Bray who had fixed several botched surgeries on him from other doctors. I am now pain free, have no restrictions and wouldn't let anyone else touch my spine. Confidence is mistaken for arrogance. Like with any doctor you have to be assertive and let him know what issues your having. He is confident for good reason. He is simply the best.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by Riley on Dec 19th, 2013

Superior surgeon! Highly recommend Dr. Bray, I wouldn't trust anyone else but him. I don't understand all the rude comments because my experience was beyond amazing. I am truly grateful for his time and dedication. Also, his staff is more than generous and considerate. My experience made me enjoy surgery. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

|  A neuro-surgeon with a brain AND a heart...  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

I am in my fourth day of recovering from surgery and I could not be happier with my choice of Dr. Bray, his staff or his facility. I am a single mom and have spent most of my adult life taking care of myself and my three children. Dr. Bray was brilliant, not only in his expertise as a gifted physician and surgeon, but, more importantly, in his treatment of me as a human being. He listened and he understood. It is a rare thing to feel truly taken care of. There is no amount of money or health insurance that could cover what I believe he has given me. He has touched me in ways I am sure he will never know and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Where is the category of stars that is labeled, "infinite"? ~ Trina Dye

|  Avoid Dr. Bray  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Dr. Bray is clearly a good surgeon. However, when there is a procedural failure, as in my case, he is uninterested and dismissive. After spending nearly $50K for a relatively simple operation he was unavailable to correct or advise. Further his business office double billed both me and my insurance company and evaded attempts to correct the problem. Bray demands $20K in cash of the day of surgery. Overall, my impression is the doctor is much more interested in money than in his patients. Worse for me, I've had to invest more time and money to correct his work that left me barely ambulatory. Look further and avoid this doctor.

|  Great care on all levels.  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

Dr. Bray operated on my back and neck in the span of two years . I had a very successful outcome with both surgeries, and feel very fortunate to have had him as my doctor. He is a brilliant surgeon, and his staff is caring and available .

|  Incomparable arrogance  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

He failed to diagnose a collapsed disc that was clearly visible on the MRI to anybody with eyes. He ignored or dismissed everything I said about what had happened and what my symptoms were. He said that the extruded disc material was an artifact of the MRI machine and would not be there even if the study was "redone on the same machine on the same day." Three years later, another doctor ordered a new MRI on a different machine, guess what? The extruded material still looked the same. His abject failure caused me 3 years of indescribable suffering because no other doctor was willing to question somebody with such an inflated reputation. If money grows on trees at your house and you don't care whether you are treated with respect, it may be worth your time to see Dr. Bray in hopes that he will deign you worthy of his unquestioned surgical skills. Otherwise, there are many other skilled surgeons around who aren't such jerks.

|  Changed my life!  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

I was in horrific pain and felt immediate relief after my surgery with Dr. Bray several years ago. Then I did a few dumb things and had to have a second surgery. I guess I thought I was invincible. This was many years ago and I have been pain free ever since. My recovery time was very small both times and I have only a tiny little scar. Doctor Bray really changed my life.

|  Is Supposed To Brilliant But Failed Me  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2010

I had a lumbar discectomy a few years ago with Dr Bray. I re-herniated my disc after 6 weeks and had to go in again. Even after two discectomies I have still been in extreme pain. I appreciate that he was trying to be conservative but the surgeries did not work. He also has a terrible bedside manner and kept calling me fat even though I am 5'7 and 138 lbs (he is used to celebrities and athletes). Now I am preparing to have an anterior lumbar fusion. When I contacted his office I was told that even though I am a former patient he will not work with me unless I pay him $20,000 up front and do the surgery in his surgical center (where he gets a cut of the center's profits). I was also told that at this point in his career he can afford to pick and choose his patients. I hear he is a brilliant surgeon but he has yet to convince me.

|  Superior Surgeon  |  show details
by Beth on Oct 25th, 2010

100% success rate for herniated discs in neck. Superior surgeon, staff, nurse. Saved my life

Sep 5th, 2010

Dr.Bray is a gifted surgeon. I received excellent patient care from the initial consultation appointment , through the entire months following recovery.His staff is caring and available, and always willing to help.

|  THE BEST!  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

very caring. knows what he is talking about. has his own surgical facilities. great experiance.

|  Dr. Guido would be more appropriate  |  show details
by Bullied on Jan 7th, 2010

When there was a challenge with the insurance company payment, Dr. Bray called my house personally and threatened my family. Very inappropriate and out of integrity. YIKES. A great surgeon, one wonders what is up with this guy. Knowing what I have experienced post-surgery, I would not want to meet this man in a dark alley...or an operating room, for that matter. A shame, really.

Sep 1st, 2009

Has an excellent reputation. Only Doctor I have ever seen who proactively discussed out-of-pocket expenses in pre-surgery conversation.Office is the worst I have ever dealt with in returning phone calls to make app'ts. Sometimes took 8 business days and numerous unreturned messages to simply get an app't or get someone to return call to ask a question.

Apr 23rd, 2008

Dr. Bray is a truly excellent doctor. He is technically gifted, and has a wonderful bedside manner.