Dr. Robert Brightwell DO Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Columbus, OH

December 20th, 2015
STENTS PUT IN LEG
I would never refer this surgeon to anyone again was admitted to hospital through the ER and Brightwell did surgery the next afternoon to remove blood clots and put in stents in my leg. My wife never even got to meet this surgeon took me to surgery and he never talked to me or my wife came out of surgery he still never went to talk to my wife. I had to lay flat until 3:30 in afternoon and at 5:40 a doctor came in my room and said Dr. Brightwell said I could go home this doctor had not even been in the surgery room with me when I had surgery. I had never been out of bed after surgery and I'm told get up and go home. Well when I did go home I was handed my paper work telling me to take my meds that I already had at home that I would not be given anything for pain and that was 2 days ago and I'm still in the same pain I was when I went to ER so you can bet I would never go back to him again I have no trust in him and he will not talk to your family to let them know what went on in surgery so my wife never heard anything or seen this doctor at all and she called his on call number and talked to that doctor and was told Dr. Brightwell would be in to talk to her but he never showed up sent another doctor that didn't know anything about what went on in surgery he pulled up my records to read what went on still nobody to get information from. I would never send anyone to him he don't give you any information on what he did at all. He has very poor bed side service he don't even come to your bedside he only see's you in surgery.

July 15th, 2015
Dr. Brightwell only cares about himself!
Dr. Brightwell is a TERRIBLE doctor. The only reason he has patients is because people have no other choice, if they want to use that hospital. He's constantly changing his tune. Oh and if you have outpatient surgery and then he wants to admit you for no real reason and you refuse, he will not give you anything for pain. He will also make you wait a month for your 2 week post-op check up. He will also make idiotic mistakes, making you need the same surgery repeatedly. I believe he does not have his patients best interest in mind. He has the best interest of his wallet in mind. I would not recommend him to anyone!

March 28th, 2014
The wait time is ridiculous!!! Waited 1hr and 37minutes before even seeing the doctor!!! Would not recommend this doctor.

June 20th, 2013
this is one great doctor.he has taken care of my husband and myself and I wouldn't trade him for any other.he explains everything,he has great bedside manner and I would give him all top rateings.your the best Dr.Brightwell

August 5th, 2011
ive been going to dr. brightwell for now years.. i have sever vascular disease and am only 43 yrs old. i had another dr. before him and because of him lost both my legs in 3 months of each other i love dr. brightwell not only does he care bout his patient he has an excellant bedside manner. and a humourous one. i will not go to any other dr. in my opinion he is awesome.

December 13th, 2009
Was very kind & took his time with my mother & her surgery went very well. He answered all our questions without talking down to us. I would definitely go to him myself & in fact referred a family friend.

September 9th, 2009
I read the previous unfavorable review. I feel bad for that lady, but Dr. Brightwell has been my doctor for over ten years and I have always been pleased with the care he has given to my family. over the years, I have had to deal with many surgeons, and it hasnt't always been a good experience. Dr. Brightwell really cares about his patients.