Dr. Robert Brooks MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2015
Dr. Brooks was a disappointment for me. In total he spent about 7 minutes with me. If this was a straightforward issue, I wouldn't be so disappointed by this. Instead, he said he felt an enlarged lymph node in my neck and left about 30 seconds after that. I'm sure I was overreacting, but I was quite worried by this information. I attempted to ask him a few questions, but after some short replies as he reached for the door handle I quit. Clearly, he didn't want to spend any more time with me. I was left with a woman that came in with him (after calling the office twice, I finally found out she was a medical assistant). She was kind enough. I'm in my early 20s and from out of town, so part of my apprehension was from simply not knowing how the system works. Instead of taking the 30 seconds it would have taken to explain it to me, the medical assistants were instead bothered by my mother and me multiple times as we tried to figure out what was going on. Luckily I've been referred to another ENT for my problem, and I won't have to deal with Dr. Brooks anymore.

May 9th, 2013
Very helpful
Yes, Dr. Brooks speaks in a low voice, but he is gentle and kind. I asked him to speak lounder, and he did so without hesitation. He ran multiple tests, his staff was helpful and caring, and I had a full explaination of what he found when I left. I did get a second opinion because my diagnosis has left me compromised, but the second physician concurred. If you don't understand something, or want more information, ASK! People often criticize physicians, yet they fail to ask questions and blame the physician for not explaining it so they can understand. Dr Brooks was great!

March 4th, 2013
frustrating visit
despite our appt time being 8:40 a.m., we waited at least 20 minutes in a very lovely waiting area. staff was pleasant during pre visit. however, dr brooks speaks so "low" and with such poor articulation and little eye contact (for an EAR nose throat doctor?!) that i nearly left out of frustration. and it's been 8 days without any follow up from office...

August 14th, 2009
Failed My Complicated Diagnosis
Most ENTs fail to diagnose what I eventually learned I have and Dr. Brooks was no exception. I would excuse this if he had not missed simple facts, such as which side of my face the pain occurred, or if he had been more attentive.

July 22nd, 2016