Robert Buly Is this you?

Have you seen Robert Buly?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2017

GREAT Doctor

My daughter just finished her seconded PAO with Dr. Buly. I can honestly say, I don’t think I would have survived this experience without Dr. Buly and his amazing staff. My daughter made a complete recovery a few months after each surgery. Dr. Buly is an extremely talented surgeon, very professional, and compassionate and relatable. He has surrounded himself with a great team of people that respond very quickly to all my questions and concerned. It is very difficult to see your child in pain, and then trust someone to perform a major surgery on them. I feel truly blessed to have found Dr. Buly and the Hospital for Special Surgery.

May 25th, 2017

Dr. Buly is indeed a buly

I cannot agree more with another reviewer that Dr Buly is both arrogant and rude. He will talk over you and disrespect you as soon as you voice dissatisfaction with treatment or surgical results. I expressed numerous times over the course of a year that I did not feel I was improved. I often received No response if I was communicating by email or phone, and when I did get him on the line or in a room he would continue to tell me that my concerns were not concerning and would stick to his original treatment plan instead of adjusting based on my symptoms or pain. He was too arrogant to admit that he was wrong. I initially Loved working with him, as he was bright and thorough at my first appointment, but as soon as things were not going "as expected" he dug his heels in and treated me like I was the problem instead of being empathetic or thinking that perhaps he made the wrong decision. His perception and treatment of me was completely shifted as soon as i voiced concern or dessent. The emotional trauma of having a surgeon treat you like this and ignore you and then deny the fact that that is happening despite endless email chains of evidence and lack of response was devastating. I've seen other surgeons at HSS and when things didn't go according to plan, they were on top of it and constantly empathetic. I would not recommend Dr. Buly unless your case is a cut and dry PAO. We went with Femoral Osteotomy, no labral repair and I have seen 0 improvement in a year

March 13th, 2017

As a current patient of Dr. Buly, I could not be more pleased and satisfied with him as my surgeon. Each time I visit his office, both Dr. Buly and his staff greet both myself and my family with hugs and the upmost respect. In addition, he always takes very careful looks at my labs, x-rays, catscans, and MRIs. He always explains them so well and answers any questions I have. After being diagnosed with bilateral hip dysplasia and slightly torn laburms 2 years ago, I have undergone my first PAO last May and could not be happier with the results. I am not scared to have next PAO this May because I have the most confidence and respect for Dr. Buly and his team. Hospital for Special Surgery has become my home away from home and I have Dr. Buly and his team to thank for that. If you want the best surgeon who cares about you and your diagnoses, go see Dr. Buly. You won't regret it.

November 27th, 2016

former maxial facial patient

PS: Dr. Busy you owe me one - "a Chin !!! " And to think I paid for it-that hurts in more than one way.

September 23rd, 2016

Top Surgeon

He performed arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum and bone spur. Successful surgery. One of the top surgeons in the country for hips. Called my house a few days after the surgery to follow up.

July 15th, 2016

Dr. Buly is not a bully as previously stated. He gentle and kind. Throughly explains your diagnosis and treatment plan. Addresses all questions and you don't feel rushed. His nurse Elaine is out of this world. Superior team. Best decision selecting Dr. Buly for my hip replacement.

March 9th, 2016

Dr. Buly is a bully. Very arrogant and did not properly diagnosis me. I was not allowed to schedule a follow up with him because my treatment course was not going "his way." He is full of pride and not empathetic. I would go elsewhere.

December 21st, 2015

Phenominal surgeon, diagnostician and person!! The absolute best of the best!!!

September 3rd, 2015

Great Surgeon, Great Person!

Dr. Buly... I can't say enough good things. Yes, you will have to wait a while for an initial consult and yes, he is expensive. There are reasons for both of these things... because he is simply amazing! I have seen a fair share of docs for my condition, never felt so at home with Buly & his staff. Elaine, Lally, Samantha, Bethany... You all are great! Haven't been in for a check up in over a year because I feel so wonderful, but am due to say hello! Oh and Dr. Buly replaced both my hips. Both one year apart. Love my new hips!

July 30th, 2015

nothing to say but great things. see him if you have a problem well worth the wait. not easy getting first appt but once he starts treating you, very easy.

April 15th, 2015

An Honest Review

When I first heard that Dr. Buly didn't take my insurance, I was about to hang up the phone and try to schedule an appointment with a different surgeon. I am so glad I didn't do that. His staff very politely explained how my out-of-network coverage would cover at least some of Dr. Buly's cost, so I decided to suck it up and see him for a consultation since I was referred to him by another doctor I trust. I had been suffering from terrible hip pain for over a year at that point and could no longer do the physical activities that I enjoyed. When I met with Dr. Buly, he was very thorough and diagnosed conditions in my hip and femur that no other doctor had picked up on before. He spent an hour with me explaining my unique hip conditions and treatment options. Afterwards I sat down with his staff who were very welcoming and knowledgeable (not to mention... really attractive). All of my questions were answered, and my financial fears were put at ease when I learned that Dr. Buly would help reduce the out of pocket costs for his patients. I'm a teacher, so dollar signs were a big concern of mine heading into surgery. I ended up having arthroscopic hip surgery with Dr. Buly and recovered quickly. I feel fantastic- no more pain! It turned out that my insurance only paid a quarter of Dr. Buly's bill, but when I received my final bill from him, he had written off nearly all of the leftover balance. I almost cried. Dr. Buly restored my faith in health care and the people who work in it. His staff treated me like family and guided me every step of the way leading up to my surgery AND after surgery. If I had the money, I would pay him every cent that he wrote off from my bill- - Actually I would give a portion of it to his staff (Brianna, Elaine and Sam) who were absolute godsends. Today, I went on a long pain-free run, and I have Dr. Buly to thank for that.

March 16th, 2015