Dr. Robert Buras Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Buras?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2017

Knowledgeable and Trustworthy

From the moment I met Dr. Buras, I knew I was in good hands. He was very thorough in his examination and explained all my options, answering all my questions with research to back up his explanations. I had a bilateral mastectomy and my surgery and healing went very smoothly. He coordinated my care with the plastic surgeon who did the subsequent breast reconstruction. I felt very prepared and relaxed prior to surgery and appreciated Dr. Buras checking in on me while I was waking up after surgery. I am very pleased with my care and results from Dr. Buras!

August 4th, 2017

Dr. Buras is an outstanding member of the amazing team that has cared for me during my experience with breast cancer. Before meeting with Dr. Buras, I was scared, upset, and stressed out. All that ceased once I met with the Dr. Buras. From the time I called to make an appointment to now, everyone welcomed me, reassured me, gave me hugs, and made it clear I wasn't in this alone. Dr. Buras himself was fantastic. He took all the time needed to explain my options, along with risks and benefits. He explained things clearly, but he wasn't condescending about it. He was very respectful, kind, and reassuring. When I asked questions, he answered them and made sure I understood the answer. Importantly, when my friend who accompanied me to the appointment asked questions, he made sure to maintain eye contact with her as he answered her questions. He and the plastic surgeon handling my reconstruction have worked together several times before, and that was clear in the way they consulted together when my treatment plan had to change. I also have to recognize Alyson Figlioli, my nurse navigator, who reassured me and answered any questions I had. I would heartily recommend Dr. Buras to anyone facing a breast cancer diagnosis.

September 29th, 2016

Diagnosis and Pre-op

Dr. Buras is very personable, takes his time with you and seems to be concerned with your ease.

January 20th, 2016

Kind, answered all my questions, takes his time, good bed side manner, staff is wonderful.

November 19th, 2015

Cyst aspiration

I saw Dr. Buras for the first time yesterday - he drained a cyst in my right breast that I had had for a year and that was starting to bother me. He was very courteous, knowledgeable and took a lot of time - I was actually impressed by that!! I had to wait for quite a while between different parts of the appointment, but as long as I get good treatment, I don't mind. I will make him my new breast doctor!!

April 12th, 2015

great doctor!

Dr. Buras was my breast surgeon after a diagnosis of stage 3 bc. He was always encouraging, kind, as well as honest. He took time to meet with me and inform me of my options. The surgery went as smoothly as possible and I recovered quickly. A year after a bilateral mastectomy, I am feeling well and all of my doctors are optimistic that I will achieve a complete cure.

May 12th, 2012

He does not listen to your questions. Does not care about patients. Is very will informed on what your insurance will cover and is willing to submit patients to every procedure that will make him money.

Doctor's Response

I have no idea where this person is coming from! I try to avoid doing surgery whenever possible, do the least extensive surgery needed to address any problem and offer alternatives to surgery whenever they are available. Also, I am not at all involved in insurance issues, do not use insurance coverage or potential payment as a factor in giving medical advice and I usually don't even know what form of insurance my patients have, since these issues are addressed by the hospital staff.

SHOW