Overall Review

March 22nd, 2015
An eye doctor with the whole package!
I went to see Dr. Chen after having a bad cataract surgery experience with another Ophthalmologist. He was very thorough in his follow-up care and took the time to address my concerns and answer my questions. When I need to have cataract surgery on my other eye, I am fully confident in Dr. Chen's skills and that his many years of experience will deliver successful results. I'm glad I have found an eye doctor who offers the whole package--someone you can trust for both periodic checkups as well as perform surgery if needed, along with good bedside manner.

February 1st, 2015
Very disappointed- not returning
I was examined by his technician who spent a few moments determining my prescription. I told her that I couldn't read- even with my glasses an that was the reason for my visit. She asked " can you see better this way, or that way." ONCE. I was then informed that my prescription had not changed. When I finally got to see the Doctor he told me the same thing. I couldn't see the print on the page of any book clearly and it was not an issue in this man's mind. He mentioned that eventually I would get cataracts and the surgery would make my vision much clearer. Nice. I left in the same boat that I was in when I arrived. Went to another doctor who examined me himself and I was given the correct prescription.

January 10th, 2011
Excellent Care abd Bedside Manner
Dr. Chen has taken wonderful care of myself and my husband. In cases of emergency he has seen us immediately. He has great patience and always takes the time to explain any problems and what care is required if any. He is terriffic and we would never think of going to another opthomologist.