Dr. Robert Calcote MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 9th, 2016
narcissist

July 4th, 2016
Annual Checkup
Great Phyiscian

August 22nd, 2015
arrogant and rude
This doctor made me cry. He was condescending, arrogant and dismissive. I am a medical professional myself. I was aghast at how he treated me. Do yourself a favor and find a different dermatologist.

November 21st, 2012
I was very satisfied with service and will continue my visits to Dr. Calcote.

May 12th, 2011
Waste of time
I waited FOREVER, and there were only 2 other people in the waiting room when I got there. After waiting for 45 minutes, I was moved to a exam room. After waiting there for 30 minutes, I decided to leave. I could hear him chatting with someone in the room next to me- didn't seem like he was in a hurry at all. When I left, there were about 12 people in the waiting room and I felt like telling them they'd be there for a few hours. (why does he have so many appts he OBVIOUSLY can't handle?!)

February 3rd, 2011
First Appointment of the day - waited for over an hour
Insufferable. I could hear him in the next room cutting up with another patient and then he never appeared. I had to go and get the receptionist to ask what the delay was, etc. She didn't know - she seemed surprised to learn that he was in his office "with a colleague". I ended up walking out and then wrote him a letter. He never bothered to apologize. Don't trust your time with this Doctor. He has no respect for it.

November 1st, 2010
most inconsiderate

September 13th, 2010
As a native New Yorker with excellent health insurance I have had some of the best doctors in NYC or even in the USA. Moving to Alabama I wasn't sure what to expect but have been reassured pretty consistently that the standard of care--if you know how to pick your doctor--is as good as any of the best in NYC and probably elsewhere. This certainly applies to Dr. Calcote. My husband and I were very impressed by his professionalism, amiable personality, seeming compassion and his obvious competence, and plan to make him our dermatologist of choice for as long as we live in the Auburn-Opelika area.

May 14th, 2010
Ridiculous wait and for no reason!
We were one of the first morning appts (7:20 am) and ended up waiting an HOUR and 15 mins. No one came to tell us why he was late, etc. I had to go to the receptionist and see what the problem might be. She asked me my appointment time. huh? We could hear the Dr. talking and laughing it up with a patient in the next room who arrived well after we did. He then proceeded to "hole up" with a colleague and totally ignored our appointment time. The receptionist asked me if I wanted her to interupt him. Imagine that - me interupt the good Dr for my scheduled appointment. I kindly said no, his lack of respect was quite telling enough and we left. With this lack of respect towards a patient, I can't imagine the quality of care he gives or better yet, the lack thereof. This patient file is closed -... permanently.

April 30th, 2010
Dr. Calcote is one the kindest doctors I have ever seen. He took the time to sit down and discuss everything with me in detail. He has a way of making you feel at ease, and you can tell by his expressions that he sincerely cares about his patients' well being.

May 7th, 2008
The Best Dermatologist
He is so kind, spends plenty of time listening to his patients concerns. Awesome Dermtologist, enjoys accurately diagnosising and treating problems.