Dr. Robert Campolattaro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 18th, 2013
I recently had surgery performed by Dr. Campolattaro and have been extremely pleased with the outcome. I had suffered with pain for over a year before I decided to have surgery (my doctor had told me this was the only treatment that would offer any long term relief for my specific problem). I saw Dr. Camp. for a consultation and was immediately comfortable. He thouroughly explained my condition and the options for treatment. He did not push surgery as you would expect from a surgeon. Instead he gave me several detailed treatment options and the expected outcome from each. He left the decision to me as to which way to proceed, and I felt he gave me enough information to make an informed decision about my treatment. My only regret is that I waited so long!!

June 11th, 2012
Very Pleased!
My overall experience visiting with Dr. Campolattaro and his staff was surprisingly good! I say surprisingly, because after reading the two recent and negative reviews, I didn't know what to expect. So, I went prepared for my 9:30am appointment on 6/5/2012 with a cup of coffee and paperwork to occupy my time in case I had a long wait. I arrived 10 minutes early to complete the required paperwork. At 9:25am, they were ready for me and by 9:45am I was done! The staff at the front desk was pleasant, professional, and answered my questions thoroughly. The assistance who took me to the office to meet with the doctor was also pleasant and professional as we discussed the reason for my visit. Dr. Campolattaro came into the office within minutes. He was already briefed and we further discussed details, concerns, and treatments for the diagnosis made by my primary care physician. After examining my hand and wrist, and testing it for specific functionalities, Dr. Campolattaro reaffirmed the diagnosis made by my primary care physician and proceeded with the necessary treatment. At the end of our visit, he gave me several pages of literature relating to my condition to read. His professional, calm, and caring demeanor made me feel very comfortable during the visit and gave me confidence in his credentials as a highly qualified specialist. I understand the concerns expressed by the negative reviews and am glad the people who wrote them were proactive in providing their experiences, because it gave me the opportunity to make a choice in seeing this doctor or being better prepared for my visit. I had a totally different experience, a good one, and I would recommend to anyone who asks my opinion to at least visit Dr. Campolattaro and make their own decision. One last comment, the paperwork that was given to me contained information stating the office was transitioning to a new system and they apologized for the inconvenience and appreciated our patience during this time.

June 1st, 2012
Rude, Uncaring Staff
I arrived at Tidewater Orthopedics at 3:00 for a 3:30 appointment with Dr. Campolattaro as requested to fill out paperwork prior to my appointment. After completing said paperwork (which asked many redundant and non-pertinent questions), I waited patiently to be called. At 3:45, I was ushered into an examination room, where I was told I would be seen 'shortly' by the doctor. At 4:30 my patience had come to an end, and I left the examination room and asked for the office manager. I discussed my dissatisfaction, and was asked if I would be willing to see the doctor immediately. I let the office manager know that if I was not important enough to be seen within a reasonable amount of time, I was not important enough to be seen at all. I should also mention that while I was waiting the staff (unwisely) left the examination room door open, where I could see and hear them behaving in a very unprofessional manner. I will not return, and would not recommend this physician or this office to anyone.

February 22nd, 2012
poor diagon
the hand condition was diagonsed as triger finger and it was not. the surgery caused me to be unable to bend my finger at all. He kept trying to explain it away, all the whilr trying to charge me for every follow up visit as a result of his admitted screw up with surgery

May 26th, 2008
Awesome Physician
Dr. Campolattaro is a great doctor, he puts patients at ease, throughly answers all questions - even ones you might not think to ask, and ensures patients know all the options and the pros and cons of each. I would not let any other physician operate on my hands.