Dr. Robert Cionni MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 28th, 2016
Doctor Cionni and his staff are top notch. I am very satisfied with all aspects of my care.

October 19th, 2016
Thorough exam but little time with Dr. Cionni
The exams given by the medical assistant were numerous and extensive. We went from one machine to the next, each one scanning my eyes for some different thing. I really appreciated the thoroughness of this exam. However, the doctor spent only a few minutes with me at the end. He provided very little info on what the tests were looking for or the results. They had me fill out a dry-eye syndrome survey before this first appt, but then never said anything about whether they checked for it, or if I have it or not. The doctor recommended cataract surgery. I came away wondering if I had been evaluated for anything other than that. Are my eyes ok other than that? After the doc left the room, I asked the nurse if there would be another appt before surgery to get my questions answered. She said "no, this was your presurgery appt". The doctor seems extremely competent but I wish he could have spent even 5 mins to answer my questions. I really don't like it when doctors have the attitude that patients only need minimal info about their medical conditions or lack thereof.

February 5th, 2015
Would not recommend Dr. Sionne
i was in so much pain coming out of surgery. I asked the dr for something and he could care less. He was rude, condensing. I will never come here again or recommend dr Sionne. Who does surgery on Tylenol!!!! The protocol of this surgical center in pain management is truly scary.

January 26th, 2013
In 2002, Our son was diagnosed with Marfans Syndrome and subluxated lenses when he was 4 years old. His vision at that time was 20/200 near and 20/400 distant. We were in the process of taking our son to a specialist in Indianapolis to have his lenses completely removed and to be fitted for extremely thick-lensed glasses with a very daunting and scary prognosis; when by, the grace of God, we were led to Dr. Cionni, while he was practicing in Cincinnati, OH. From that moment on, our experience changed from daunting and frightening, to a future full of hope. From the very moment we met Dr. Cionni, he was nothing but caring, compassionate, very educated and very sure of his skills and what he could do to help Tanner. Tanner participate in what was at the time an FDA study on children using his Intraocular Lens Implantation procedure (we came to know as the Cionni rings). Tanner is now 15 year old and his vision is 20/40 with normal bifocaled glasses. Dr. Cionni made a lasting impact, both professional ly with his great skill and knowledge; as well as personally with his kind nature, dedication and true compassion for his patients. The impact he made on our lives and especially on our son's life by giving him the gift of sight will never be forgotten.

October 9th, 2010
the best
i did a lot of research on eye doctors. dr. cionni has the qualifications, experience and most knowledge about all the options. my surgery was fantastic and he explained everything to me. thanks Dr. Cionni!!!!

February 2nd, 2010
really good doctor
Dr. Cionni was really patient with me and seemed like a real person. didn't rush through my appointment and explained everything in terms i could understand. and he's funny!