Dr. Robert Clemons MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 2nd, 2015
Bedside Manner is Poor at Best
I saw Dr. Timothy Garland in this practice until he was no longer a partner. I have since seen Dr. Robert Clemons for an ongoing skin problem on three occasions. I chose him because his father had a positive reputation as a physician. The first time, I was not impressed with his haste in examining me and sense of arrogance but decided to give him another try. During that first visit, I mentioned something Dr. Garland had suggested and he smirked and commented that he wouldn't agree with that approach. The comments that followed appeared to be a "dig" at his former partner, which I consider unprofessional. My second visit was somewhat better; he spent more time in the exam and we had a relatively meaningful conversation. I felt he was knowledgeable about my condition and still believe that to be the case. My most recent experience was more like the first, making two of my three contacts negative. He converses in what I interpret as degrading to the patient: a condescending tone and arrogant manner. When I was discussing environmental factors that I know worsen my condition (and admitted engaging in some), he proceeded to lecture me like a parent would lecture a wayward child. I felt that he was unwilling to engage in an adult to adult conversation. I guess he thinks his drill sargent approach is helpful. I think adults are capable of taking in information and making informed decisions without a degrading lecture (he even later called it a "lecture"). He seems to operate from an "I'm the doctor/god/all-knowing one" and you are the "lowly patient" approach. I don't find that helpful. So, if you want dermatological knowledge delivered with arrogance, this might be the physician for you. If you prefer a more thoughtful, respectful expert/specialist to converse with, I would not recommend him and will not be returning. As said previously, I gave him three chances and two of those were negative. I'm in my 60s and have had a skin condition since childhood. I have lived in 8 different places, so I've been seen by several dermatologist through the years. I'm sorry to say this is my worst experience by far. I will add that I have no complaints about the office staff. I consider them friendly enough. I have had no problem scheduling appointments, and wait times are reasonable.

January 11th, 2015
Terrible staff & doctor experiences
Neither my spouse nor I will go to this office again. The staff treated us both, in separate appointments, as if they were doing us a favor to see us. We had an extended wait time in the outside waiting room & I was incorrectly diagnosed with graves skin disease. When I asked the doctor what that was, he quickly replied, ' that's what happens when you get older & your skin doesn't like you anymore' & quickly out the door. I was so dismayed by this reply that I didn't have time to say --'WHAAAT???' before he was gone. His nurse was left to give me an RX & she didn't inquire if I had any questions & I really was starting to somehow feel ashamed of my situation from the way I was treated so I really didn't ask much of anything then. I used the RX I received, was not told I should have a follow up, but from my own investigation, was very disturbed about my diagnosis which would appear to be a chronic condition that could not be cured, only improved. Eventually, my skin problem cleared up on its own & from my own self-care---no thanks at all to this doctor or this office. We would NEVER return to this office for dermatology or any cosmetic procedure & do not recommend it. We have since found another dermatology office that treats us with respect in every way that this office did not & we continue to go to this office. Any physicians' office that treats patients in such a way should never be an office to which a patient returns. It is totally ridiculous & unacceptable!

June 4th, 2013
Needs a pleasant bedside manner!
I know you are the one with the knowledge, that's why I pay you for it, but couldn't you let me talk a little and show some courtesy for my concerns? The receptionist desk I talked to must be picking up your attitude also, because she was very rude!

November 17th, 2012
First experience!
I went to Dr. Clemons because I have seen his work, and was highly impressed. Actually, I never thought I would go through with it,but am so well pleased. The office is beautiful and well maintained. They were quite busy,yet I felt comfortable. He greeted me in a friendly manner and I felt at ease. Dr. Clemons was clear to inform me of each step of my treatment. It is well worth the 41/2 hr. drive, to get a true professional and experienced Dr. He knows what he is doing...and I knew it. Dr.Clemons deserves 4 stars. I am very well pleased