Surgeons
South Bend Clinic
211 N Eddy St
South Bend, IN 46617
574-237-9331
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Buyer beware  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2014

I have a friend whose husband went in for an elective gastric bypass because I wanted to try to become a healthy weight again. Like so many others here, he developed complications and infections and if it weren't for the quick action of his nurse wife taking him to Indianapolis, the man would surely have died. Other people have died. Ask about the doctors infection rates beforehand. It has been 2 years and the man sure did lose weight family: mostly because he was on deaths door and still isn't out of the clear. This simple surgery has bankrupted the family , both emotionally and financially . Steer clear of this incompetent doctor.

|  Terrible Doctor  |  show details
by Angry Husband of an Ill Patient on Mar 27th, 2014

My wife had an Appendectomy scheduled for 6:30 AM and it was 6:05AM when I overheard both the Anesthesiologist and 2 nurses comment on how Dr. Credi was "running late again". 5 minutes after this, he strolled into the hospital 20 minutes before my wife's scheduled surgery. He was already wearing a pair of scrubs under a jacket, which I only assume he wore for her surgery due to the time. His BMW keys were still jangling in is off-hand. What a "hot shot", right? She was in the hospital for over 2 days after her Appendectomy, and he didn't show up to check in on her until the 3rd morning, when she was finally discharged. He had NO idea how to treat a Type 1 Diabetic, and under his care her BG level was never lower than 300, until I contacted a Certified Diabetic Educator to advocate on her unconscious behalf. He repeatedly refused us our request for a Hospitalist when it became clear that he was unconcerned with my wife's post-op treatment. on the 3rd day when he did finally show up, he was condescending and nonchalant with her condition. Claiming that I "LIKED to have tighter control of her [diabetes] care" because we didn't want her blood/sugar to exceed 300. He's a sorry excuse for a Physician, with NO bedside manner, and has demonstrated a complete lack of competence in differentiating between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes treatment. If you find yourself in the Hospital under Dr. Credi's "care", you should DEMAND a Hospitalist from your floor's Supervisor, ASAP. I was unaware that this was even possible.

|  Horrific doctor  |  show details
by Angry friend of a ill patient on Jan 19th, 2014

I would never recommend this Physician to anyone. He recently did a surgery on someone I care about . This person has had complication after complication. First the doctor perforated the patients small bowel. He would then not confirm that he did, though the CT showed that there was a perforation. Finally after a second CT they decided to fix the perforation. While trying to fix this through a scope he put a hole in the patients esophagus. The patient also got a pneumothorax because of the tear. This required two chest tubes. It gets worse. He does nothing. Finally the patient is transferred to a Indianapolis hospital where the patient is clinging for her life. The patient has since had both the tear and perforation fixed. The bad part is that the patient required a thoracotomy to get rid of the infection. It has been told to the family that is a day to day basis. The patient is gravely ill. I hope Dr. Credi can look at himself in the mirror and be happy for he is the reason my friend is fighting for her life.

|  He is a Menace  |  show details
by Robin C on Oct 31st, 2013

Dr. Credi performed hernia surgery on me in Feb. 2013 and the next day I was in the ER with excruciating pain after his nurse told me not to go to the ER because they couldn't do anything for me. I was admitted and spent more than a week in hospital. I was home a week and went back to ER. After many tests, ER doctor said I had an abscess and he admitted me. Dr. Credi waited 2 days to see me in the hospital and then yelled at me for going to the ER again. Then he told me that the ER doctor didn't know what he was talking about and I didn't have an abscess. After my second release, he confused me with another patient and scheduled me for a follow-up to remove drainage tubes he never put in! At my post-op appt. I told him about the pain and he examined the large lump in my abdomen and he told me it was scar tissue and that I'd have it forever. In July of this year I was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery because that non-existent abscess from February was about to burst after festering for 5 months. After 3 surgeries by a competent surgeon (including removal of a section of bowel), over 4 weeks in the hospital, and months of recovery, I am finally well enough to sue him for malpractice. I found out that all of the infections and subsequent problems were because he improperly repaired the hernia (he sandwiched two pieces of mesh, which is unheard of unless you're an idiot). If anyone ever tells you this man is going to operate on you, run screaming from the room. The alternative is so much worse.

|  Terrible  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2013

would never go to him again

Aug 17th, 2012

Great care, pleasant professional atmosphere, caring physician.

Mar 27th, 2012

Personable doctor and friendly demeanor; made me feel comfortable.

Mar 23rd, 2012

I have greatest confidence in Dr. Credi. This was a routine check on a long term condition previously explained.

Mar 22nd, 2012

Dr. Credi was the best. He took his time with me and answered all of my questions.

Jul 19th, 2011

EVERYTIME I have seen him it has been a COMPLETE disaster! I have been VERY VERY unpleased with his response to post op issues. EVERYTIME I have seen Dr. Credi he is an hour to 2 hours late, including the date of my surgery!!!! (HHMMMM.. i wonder who paid for that!) I was having post op problems the second day of surgery and here it is SEVERAL months later and i am still with the same VERY PAINFUL problem! The day of surgery he also last minute(AFTER SURGERY PREP) decided to change his mind on orders given by my SPECIALIST to keep me safe during and after my procedures! Him and his staff are now down to giving unofficial results and not returning phone.. REALLY sounds like a swell guy huh?!?!? All I have to say is if you are referred to him.... BEWARE and GOOD LUCK!