Dr. Robert Cykiert Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Cykiert?

September 29th, 2017

Thorough Exam

Just saw Dr.Cykiert this afternoon and had a perfect experience. I have never had such a thorough eye exam. He addressed all my issues and answered all my questions. The staff was wonderful and courteous. The exam took a long time but I thought it was reasonable since I had several tests and a dilation. He diagnosed my three issues and put me at ease and gave me a plan for how to deal with them. I will certainly go back and will confidently let him perform procedures I will need in the future.

August 18th, 2017

Rude and Unprofessional

Stay as far away from Dr. Cykiert as possible. The rudeness of his staff and the two hour waiting time are true but the least of it. Dr. Cykiert is not only personally unpleasant but seriously unprofessional. He purports to be in many insurance networks but has no one on his staff to deal with insurance companies or issues -- and he and his staff are completely unwilling to do anything but the most perfunctory of paperwork to facilitate prescriptions or reimbursement. When my insurance company initially requested further information in connection with the eye drops he had prescribed, the doctor personally flatly refused to give them any. He told me it was my insurance company and my relationship with them and that all he was prepared to do was fax them the one form he had sent when he wrote the prescription (which set forth only an abbreviated diagnosis). After that, he told me, I was on my own. He never asked the reason my insurance company wanted more information; he never suggested an alternative eye drop which might have been on my insurance company's formulary; he never even checked my insurance company's formulary. I asked how I should then get the medicine I needed -- 'should I go to another doctor?' I asked rhetorically. He replied "There are 4,000 other ophthalmologists in New York City." He is a disgrace to the profession. If you want to go to seriously good, academic, professional ophthalmologists with an extremely organized practice and a caring patient-centric attitude -- and who take most insurance plans -- go to Dr. Kimberly Sippel or any of the other doctors at the Weill-Cornell Ophthalmology practice at 1305 York Avenue.

March 12th, 2017

NOT WORTH THE WAIT AND STAFF RUDENESS

was recommended to Dr Cykiert by a doctor friend. He may be a capable doctor but his entire staff are unhelpful and rude. walked out of my last visit after waiting nearly two hours and saw several patients being treated who had later apps and arrived after did. while he may treat your eyes you will need another doctor to treat your escalating blood preasure

October 2nd, 2015

Arrogant and dismissive

He is cold and mechanical. Dictates his findings to his "scribe" who makes note on her ipad. He uses abbreviations and technical terms that neither my husband (who is a physiologist) nor I (I'm a science/medical writer) are familiar with, but explains NOTHING. Asking what they mean gets the most minimal definition, and no explanation as to how it applies to me. He makes us feel like part of his office furniture, yet another body to examine and get out of there as fast as possible with as little real interaction as possible. He is cold and often supercilious in response to questions, and sometimes contradicts himself from one appointment to the next. We have seen him several times, hoping it would improve, but we will not return.

April 24th, 2015

#1 may not be the best

It is hard to ignore that Dr. Cykiert is #1. Every room in his impressive office advertise the fact. He was recommended by my primary care physician. My experience was disappointing. I have no reason to think that my cataract surgery was not done perfectly, but the follow up was such that I looked for another ophthalmologist. Dr. Cykiert paid no attention to my saying that I could only guess rather than read the letters on the chart and repeated calls to his office that my eye felt as if there was a foreign body in it were met with the relayed response that it was normal. After 3 or 4, I looked for another ophthalmologist.

February 24th, 2015

Great doctor

September 10th, 2014

Arrogant office attitude

I brought my wife to visit the doctor twice. The first visit we waited almost 1 and 1/2 hours until we saw him. We were asked to come back in a month just for a follow up to see how the new eye drop regimen was working . We had a 3:15 appt. and when we arrived there was a few people in the waiting room. I asked the receptionist about how late he was running because we had another doctors appt uptown at 4:45 and she said she could not tell us. we decided to wait a bit and a 4 wI asked her to ask the doctor for us becasue of the time issue. I waited and waited and I saw him walk between rooms but he ignored my request. How insulting. I am a surgeon and would never treat a patient with such disrespect. I would not recommend Dr. Cykiert for anything

July 10th, 2013

Find a Different Doctor

Dr. Cykiert gave me a completely unusable new vision prescription. He decided that my sight suddenly flipped from near-sighted to far-sighted, when I have always been and still am near-sighted. I tried to adapt to the new glasses for two weeks, but I was never able to see well with them. I returned to have the prescription checked, and he gruffly insisted he was right. I was charged another full exam fee for this appointment. In addition, he misdiagnosed a cornea condition. I know the prescription and cornea diagnosis was incorrect because I went to a new ophthalmologist within the next week and got a great new prescription for eyeglasses (for near-sighted people), as well as the correct diagnosis of the rare cornea condition I have. This doctor is always brusque and unfriendly. His office is seedy with waits often more than an hour, and his receptionists are curt. One discussed the financial affairs of a patient who wasn't there out loud so all in the crowded waiting room could hear. Based on my own experience, all I can say is: find a different ophthalmologist.

February 23rd, 2013

"The Best In The Trade"

Has anyone on this site, given thought to the reason you might have had to wait to see the Doctor? Might I remind you? It is because Dr. Cykiert is the , "best in his trade." He has a large client base and spends his time thoroughly addressing each patients needs. If he worked rapidly, some would complain that he was not fulfilling his role as an advisor. Dr. Cykiert knows about the most current and relevant treatments for any kind of eye disorder. Upon undergoing cataract surgery, I was informed of what the expectations were and the difficulties that could arise (floaters, etc.) With the information fed to me, I could take control of my condition and act from knowledge, instead of fear! I went back on my own volition since I was inclined to believe I needed the 2nd eye surgery. If Dr. Cykiert was concerned with filling his pockets, I could have been taken. Quite the contrary. The Docotr informed me that my cataract had only grown slightly in the 4 months since I had seen him in his office. Dr. Cykiert fights diseases with the facts! That effective strategy separates this most ethical doctor from the rest. A real man, I proudly call, My Number 1 Doc...~

October 8th, 2012

29 Years

I have been a patient for 29 years. Dr Cykiert has corrected my cornea's without surgery. When I started with Dr Cykiert I lived in NY. I now travel over an hour from Connecticuit for an office visit.If I require surgery, Dr Cykiert is the only Dr I will trust with my vision.

July 19th, 2010

excellent doctor

Dr.Cykiert picked diagnosed a problem I had after 4 other doctors missed it. He saved my eyes.

October 1st, 2017