Dr. Robert Cywes MD, PHD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2017
Does not always listen
He has always been there when I needed him

February 16th, 2017
Life saver
Amazing dr who truly listens to patients. Was there when I needed a surgeon immediately. Great bedside manner. Dear friend!!

January 4th, 2017
Dr. Cywes Is extremely knowledgeable and honest,. He shows compassion in his teaching , in return I have learned from him accountability and self reflection per to my Physical and Mental Health.

January 4th, 2017
Dr Cywes first saw me when I was 15 years old 260 pounds and being a type 1 diabetic I was taking 120 units of insulin a day thanks to dr.cywes and his team for working so close with me and finally getting my lap band surgery I've lost all my weight. I'm now 24 with two kids and weigh the lowest I ever have! Thanks Dr.Cywes!

Saved me from myself!
Dr Cywes is the best! His office staff is caring and I missed him when he was to far for me to see him! Now I am back, he is helping back on track and health is better than before my band. Thank you! Thank you!

April 22nd, 2016
Finaly, Help for the Diabetic Obese!
Straightforward and knowledgeable, Dr. Cywes confirmed what I believe about weight and diabetes type 2. I am very grateful to him being available to the obesity community and look forward to success with his help.

June 4th, 2015
the best thing I ever did

January 18th, 2015
Trust and Security for a change of lifestyle
My surgery was in Dec of 2010, I took off over 100 lbs and managed to have keep it off due to proper instruction by Dr Cywes. He was straight and to the point, some would consider him alittle too straight forward, but that is what was needed to make sure that I knew the surgery was a tool for a condition that only I could take control of. I appreciate his candor. I felt secure in my choice both of the surgery and the physician. Staff tried to work around my schedule for appointments.

November 13th, 2014
Wonderful Surgeon!
Dr Cywes is a caring and knowledgeable surgeon. We have been seeing him for our 8 year old son who was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. Our son had to have several surgeries with Dr Cywes for a complicated rectal abscess and eventually a colostomy to help him heal. When you go to his office for follow ups he spends time talking with you and we really feel that he cares for our sons over all health not just the problem at hand. He has shared much information with us on many topics and is very knowledgeable about nutrition which is refreshing to me as it seems to me many doctors do not see the relationship between diet & chronic illness. We are so thankful to have someone like Dr Cywes to care for our son and we appreciate his talent as a surgeon. His office staff is friendly and helpful, they always know who we are when we call and have been able to get us in when its been urgent.

May 12th, 2014
This doctor is horrible! Avoid!
This is a lying egomaniac doctor. He is horrible. Read the reviews. Ask him why he doesn't have privileges at Wolfson's or at Nemours anymore. If you have an underage child, DO NOT seek this doctor.

March 22nd, 2014
Recommended if you appreciate being talked to like you mean NOTHING!
I don't normally review, but I feel it's necessary. Please avoid this doctor at all costs. Save your time, money, and sanity. Here's my story: I had my surgery in 2009, and during the seminar, he turned and looked at my group and said "look at you, you can't even cross your legs." I was immediately insulted. Didn't think this was funny, especially because I could cross my legs. That's neither here nor there. I've heard the lecture about his love for beer 300 times. Not only is it annoying, but it's a waste of time. He decides to use generalized lectures - I'm grown and don't need lectures especially when you have no clue what my issues are. I've already told him off several times for talking to me as if I'm some pion below him. And sir, you were once 300 lbs, would you have liked us to speak to you that way? Today I came in for a fill. They have mysteriously lost my records. I find this interesting as HE did my surgery and I have the mark of a blown vein before surgery to prove it (he was inpatient with the nurse and decided to do it instead with his force). I waited 2 hours to even get to the back. Why? Because he was giving every patient 30 minute lectures about food addiction, alcohol addiction, Lindsay Lohan and her DUIs and their correlation. He came in my room not asking me what I'm struggling with, not concerned about whether my band was too tight or not - he wound up this long stupid story. I interjected several times. He would then say "don't get defensive." He loves to hear himself talk but doesn't want your input. Watch how you handle me, Dr. I didn't come there to be lectured. If you would have asked me prior to your stupid lecture, you would have figured out my band was too tight. Instead of accusing me of eating every 5 minutes, you would have known I had difficulty eating period had you asked me. Instead, we had a great discussion - he had no respect for me and I refused to be talked to in that condescending manner. When we went to the scope, he noticed it was too right and then took back every generalization he threw at me. Gee, thanks. I'm not the fat patient you thought, huh? Long story short, I'll be going somewhere else. Isn't that what you advised me to do? It's no issue. I'll go where I'm appreciated as a patient, I'll go somewhere I'm not verbally abused. This isn't tough love, you are down right rude and disrespectful.

November 21st, 2013
So appreciative!
We have had two unrelated surgeries for our infant son in his first six months. Dr. Cywes took care of our son both times, the later at our request. The care he had given both my son, as the patient, and me, the nervous parent, has been amazing. He has come in quickly after my son was admitted (the first time we saw him he actually came into the ER at 10pm on his time to explain the surgery to us that was scheduled for the next day). Additionally, he took on our son's case at our case most recently after our pediatrician reached out to him following a less then desirable experience with another pediatric surgeon. I am so appreciative for everything he has done and would recommend him highly to anyone who needed him.