Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Shore Memorial Hospital ATU
1 E New York Ave
Somers Point, NJ 08244
609-653-3500
Locations and availability (15)

3.0

|  ehhh doctor  |  show details
by ehhh on Jul 9th, 2014

I dont know about him bc he only sees you for five minutes and then charges you an arm and a leg for everything! He prescribed methimazole when i was only 9 weeks and told me i had to start using the medicine right away! Even tho it probably would have eased my suffering to take it i had told him of my concerns with its side effects and the baby looked fine and i was fine before the pregnancy! I asked if we could at least just monitor everything for now at least wait until i am 12 wks to take the medicine or something and let me tell you i wanted to cry bc he made me feel like as if i wanted to harm the baby by not taking it! When you are sick and pregnant and while you are suffering and want the best for your baby and for him or her to be as healthy as possible, hearing the doctor treat you as if you are a bad person is the worst! So i wanted a second opinion and saw an endocrinologist who courteously and professionally reviewed my lab work and informed me that they also agree of not taking methimazole especially before the 1st trimester and spoke of the same birth defects i was concerned about! Hearing another doctor confirm my side was a relief but also helped me realize that sometimes these doctors are not always right. On my last appointment with dr debbs he even changed his tone of voice and opinion and said oh you dont have to take it anymore and that hormones sometimes do this kind of thing and etc. How do they sleep at night when they are lying to your face. He initially said oh its your thyroid and it wont get better you are risking miscarriage. Do u want to lose your baby etc an last appt totally changed his story and said like i told u sometimes it can be caused by hormones you dont have to take the medicine. If this is a joke then i am not laughing!!!